Chapter 20: Girmold

Ughhh...

I regained consciousness, but my whole body is still wracked up with fatigue. 

I don't wanna get uuuuup.

I thought I was waking up from merely sleeping, but something felt wrong. I tried to recall what happened.

*********************************

I tried to fly to the town with an amputated leg and probably a damaged spine, but the blood that started seeping through the paw started growing as more of my already dried-up magic reserves were used. Tears were still going out of my eyes as it took everything for me to keep flapping my wings. I was almost in the outskirts when my vision started getting hazy from all the blood loss.

No! I need to keep going!

My eyes started to become heavy as my flapping wings started to slow down out of fatigue. Yet, I recognized a building that I could maybe reach. The library.

As I tried to land next to it, my vision started blacking out and I crashed to a window instead, cracking it too. I was already too spent to make a sound.

The last thing I saw was my blood now fully seeping out of my leg and my blood splattered on the cracked window before I fully blacked out and lost consciousness.

********************************

As I recalled the moment before I thought I would die, I opened my eyes and found myself in the same lab I was in this morning. I was very surprised to find my amputated arm back again. 

Did the scientists find and heal me?

I tried to get up, but I released a whimper as a sudden jolting pain erupted from my back. My eyes started to water again as tears try to find their way into the world.

That wasn't healed...

Before I could do anything else, I flinched as the laboratory doors opened. It was Professor Damian.

Oh, thank god! If there is one out there...

"Ah, you're awake. Great. You forced me to use a very hard potion I saved up to make to heal that leg, you know. Luckily I made three of those. You'd have to tell me what happened or I might cut your leg off again," He said as he smiled.

"Dude, not funny. That's a sick joke."

He laughed. "Before that, drink this first. It's a normal healing potion, but it's enough to heal your bruised spine. I was able to heal your leg, but not that."

He went to a cabinet and pulled out a beaker with a clear liquid inside. The closer it is, the more I noticed tiny pinpricks of light coming from it.

"So this is a healing potion..." He then inserted the tip into my mouth and tipped it up. I grunted in fatigue as it forced me to move my neck up. I felt like a baby because of how he's making me drink.

Well, I am barely two weeks old in this world.

That's when I realized, for the first two weeks of this new life, I went through a lot of shit. Damn.

I finished drinking and Professor said, "Alright, cough it up now."

"So, I ran out into the forest as I was still unnerved by needles. But I realized I went the wrong way and wanted to-"

"Wrong way to where, exactly?" He raised one eyebrow. 

I can't even do that eyebrow thing when I was human... "My cave. My old home. I practice magic there and there's somehow a natural hot spring there which I occasionally enjoy. That was what I was aiming for to calm myself down."