Chapter 436-440

Chapter 436: Lan Yi’s Contract

Qing Yi thought that Lan Yi had not returned to Green Peak all these years because he hated Lu Zhou.

Only today did he know that he was actually afraid that Lu Zhou would not forgive him!

“Let bygones be bygones.”

Lan Yi smiled disapprovingly.

“If you want to return to Green Peak, you can get Master to ask for you. If Master is unwilling, I’ll ask Lu Zhou for you!”

He would take responsibility for his own actions. Since he was the one who harmed Lan Yi, he would settle it himself.

“No need.”

Lan Yi looked into the distance and his lips curved into a faint smile. “I’ll go back, but not now.”

—————

After Lu Sheng and the rest reached the foot of the mountain, they returned to town.

Now that the county magistrate of Yong Fu Town was dead, Chu Sihan was temporarily in charge of the government office.

On the way, Lu Sheng could not help but ask the question in her heart again.

“Master, is that Lan Yi really not your illegitimate son?”

Just now, she saw that Lan Yi had been staring at Lu Zhou. However, when Lu Zhou looked over, he avoided his gaze.

Just like… a child in a fit of pique!

Yes, like a child who was angry with his father.

“Chuckle…”

Shangguan Dian could not help but chuckle. “It’s not wrong to say that he’s a child.”

After all, when Lu Zhou and Lan Yi signed the blood contract, Lan Yi was only a kirin cub.

“I’ve already said that it’s a Mythical Beast.”

Chu Sihan explained helplessly.

“Oh, right!”

Lu Sheng scratched her nose lightly and smiled. “However, it’s not impossible. Humans and beasts can fall in love too.”

In the novels she read in her previous life, humans and beasts could fall in love.

Lu Zhou was speechless.

Did he have such a strong taste?

“You think I’m that kind of person?”

“No!”

Seeing his dark expression, Lu Sheng hurriedly shook her head and denied it.

Lu Zhou snorted coldly. “Lan Yi is my contractual Mythical Beast.”

“Wow!”

Lu Sheng was shocked at first, then her face was full of envy.

“Master, you’re too cool! You even contracted a Mythical Beast!”

“It’s a small matter.”

Lu Zhou raised his chin and said proudly, “How can I be your master if I’m not cool?”

Lu Sheng nodded perfunctorily. “Master is right. There’s no one better than you!”

“Yes!”

Shangguan Dian smiled and said, “Your master is the best.”

Slap!

Chu Sihan ‘accidentally’ kicked a small stool on the carriage.

Coincidentally, that stool was pressed against Lu Zhou’s foot.