Chapter 456-460

Chapter 456: Caretaker Shi

“Oh?”

Lu Sheng’s eyes lit up. “Is it far from here?”

To be honest, she was still a little worried about digging a pond to raise crayfish.

She was afraid that those little things would come up and break the farmlands nearby.

At that time, she would become a sinner.

“Not far. It’s on the hill near the village entrance. It takes less than fifteen minutes if we ride an ox cart.”

Lu Sheng nodded and asked, “Lord, rent that pond to me.”

Chu Sihan smiled lightly. “If you want it, just take it.”

It would be hers sooner or later anyway.

“Then I won’t stand on ceremony!”

Lu Sheng chuckled and turned around to remind those people that they did not have to come over to help tomorrow.

She and Chu Sihan returned to the Lu family to get the carriage and hurried to the manor.

A horse carriage was faster than an ox cart. An ox cart would take fifteen minutes, but a horse carriage would take less than fifteen minutes.

The road was good too. It was much smoother than the road to An Mu Village.

This manor was huge, and there were many servants.

Seeing a horse carriage enter, the guards wanted to stop them. However, when they saw the coachman, they were stunned.

“Lord… Lord?!”

Chu Sihan nodded slightly and said lightly, “Open the door.”

“Yes, yes. I’ll open the door for you now!”

The guards hurriedly opened the wooden door and let the carriage in.

When she entered, she saw a tea garden. There were various fruit trees that had just sprouted further in.

There were also loquat trees whose fruits were already half yellow.

On both sides of the road, there were Hall crabapples. They were blooming with pink flowers, and there were no leaves.

“Lord?!”

The old steward who was carrying the hoe and preparing to work was also shocked when he saw Chu Sihan.

The moment the carriage stopped, he hurriedly put down his hoe and ran over.

“Lord, why are you here?”

This was the second time Chu Sihan came to this manor. The last time he came was three years ago.

Chu Sihan introduced Lu Sheng, who had just alighted from the carriage, “This is Caretaker Shi.”

“Greetings, Caretaker Shi!”

Lu Sheng smiled and nodded at Caretaker Shi.

Caretaker Shi was suspicious, but he smiled and returned the greeting.

Chu Sihan asked calmly, “Is the pond where we kept the fish still there?”

“Yes, yes! I still want to wash the pond clean and put some baby fishes in it to raise.”

Although Caretaker Shi did not know why Chu Sihan suddenly asked about the pond, he still replied respectfully.

The others who were already working looked over. However, seeing that Caretaker Shi was personally receiving them, they did not dare to go forward and ask about the situation.