The date

Elsa tapped her foot on the chair leg anxiously, her blue skater dress and brown belt hugged her small frame along with her small sandal-clad feet. A few bracelets jangled on her wrists.

She looked around for any sign of the silver haired boy, the bright sunlight reducing her black pupils. She sighed and reached for the phone in her bag.

"Impatient much?" A deep voice cackled from behind her. Elsa screeched in alarm and shot up from her seat, spinning round to find a grinning Jack dressed in a button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and knee length brown shorts all of which (though Elsa wasn't looking of course..) looked great on him.

"Not funny," She glared at the boy, pocking him in the chest with a finger. Jack stumbled backwards dramatically, using an empty chair to steady himself.

"That-that was right in my heart," He pouted at her, icy eyes wide.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, maybe I'll try aim for your head next time,"

Jack raised an eyebrow at her. Elsa's mood darkened, she couldn't do that.

"What's got your crown in a twist queen?"

Elsa hesitated to tell him. She barely knew him, but there was something about him that invited confidence, gave her hope. He seemed to radiate happiness and always seemed to be in a good mood, no matter what. 

She sank into the chair and closed her eyes wearily. Jack's handsome features melted into a look of concern and he spun round into the chair in front of hers.

Elsa noticed this and looked at him. Blue met blue.

"You can tell me," Jack said softly, taking her small hand into his rather larger one and rubbing circles into her palm, his being surprisingly cold, just like her own.

"Anna," She whispered. Jack cocked his head to the side. "Anna, has a date with this guy,"

"It's nothing to get upset about, she's a pretty girl, it was bound to happen," Jack consoled her. Elsa nodded miserably. "What's his name?"

"Chr-christopher?" 

Jack suddenly laughed, his hair catching the light, turning blonde for a second. Elsa ripped her hand from his and glared at him.

"Kristoff?" Elsa suddenly flushed red and looked away.

"Yeah..," She said in a small voice, "That's what I meant," 

"Elsa, that dude wouldn't hurt a fly! I've known him for ages, we go way back," Jack grinned at her. Elsa heart seemed to loosen at his words, the knot in her stomach loosening.

"Are you sure?" She asked him with bated breath. If Jack said he was okay, surely he was right?

Jack clapped a cold hand on her exposed shoulder, "Don't insult my Bro, I give you my word,"

Elsa let a sigh, relief flooding through her. She smiled at the grinning boy in front of her and suddenly realized how close they were. Their knees were basically touching and his hand was still on her shoulder.

Her pale cheeks flooded with colour and she leaped up from her seat. Jack looked up at her (for once).

"Oh, seems like someone's eager to get going,"

Elsa picked up her bag as he stood up, suddenly towering above her. She sighed and looked down.

"I refuse to go out in public with a hobo,"

"Hobo? That's a new one," Jack looked thoughtful for a minute. She suddenly smiled evilly.

"Or maybe I should go with Aster? Or North? They all seem to have shoes to wear,"