Round 1

Jack POV

Today was the day, the day the surfing and boarding competions began. 

Emma and I were sat in the cafe. The sun was shining through the sleek glass windows and the beach was already packed with spectators. My plate of food lay untouched, the nerves bubbling away in my stomach had driven away my hunger.

"I'm going to force feed you in a minute if you don't eat," Emma said to me, chewing her pancake slowly.

"I'm not hungry," I told her.

"You think i'm that dumb? Of course you are, now eat!" Emma growled at me. "I want you to win but it's not gonna happen if you surf on an empty stomach. What if your life hangs in the balance but you can't do anything because there isn't any food in your tummy, huh? Or what if...,"

"I'd do what she says if I were you," said a voice from behind me. I swivelled round and saw Elsa standing in her shorts and surfing top. A smaller girl with two braids was grinning next to her.

"What is this? 3 v 1?" I grumbled at them all.

"Yep!" said Emma and the 2-braids girl simultaneously. They beamed at each other. Elsa looked at me in horror and I returned the look.  

One Emma was enough, but 2?

"We're dead," I mouthed to Elsa. She nodded, her face a picture of dread. For braid girl and Emma were talking in hushed whispers.

"Let's go Anna," Elsa grabbed her arm and hauled her away.

"Noooo! Let me go! Aww, come on!" Anna moaned to Elsa as she was dragged away. Emma giggled. I stared at her curiously.

"Mind letting me in on what you two are plotting? Is it murder, robbing? Spill," I asked Emma.

"Nothing," She smiled sweetly at me. But in a split second, her face dropped into seriousness. "Eat,"

General POV

1:00pm, Imperial Beach. Surfers Open- Round 1.

"Welcome to the Surfers Open folks!" Yelled the commentator, Mick Milanos, into his microphone. The heat was coming down upon the watching crowd in waves. Mick tugged at the collar of his polo. He scooped up his 1 litre water bottle and gargled some, before swallowing it.

"All right! Let's begin then shall we?" He screamed to the massive crowd situated on the beach.

They yelled YEAH very loudly. The waiting surfers were lined up next to Mick, who sat up in his high chair, rigged up to give live commentry for the television, radio and spectators.

"Bah! I couldn't hear you! Are we ready to kick it off?" He yelled again

The crowd roared out their approval.

"Let's begin then!"

"Now, First up! It's Alex Heltitros!" The crowd stamped their feet as Alex Heltitros made his way down the beach and into the waves. The crowd parted to give him space, and once he had reached the water, they sat down.

"Alex Heltitros recives a score of 20.22. Not bad for a first try, but I think he's going to be a tad disapointed with that!" Mick said to the crowd after Alex had been.

Standing near the end of the line was Jack. He quivered on the spot, wrapped in his blue wetsuit, his surfboard standing next to him. After breakfast, Emma ran over to Anna and Elsa. Jack was mortified when she asked if they were coming to watch him. But they said they were.

And so, here he was, almost dying of nerves. Emma, Anna and Elsa had promised to get seats right at the waters edge so that they could get the best views.