# 5

•I look out at the stadiums full of people and see them all knowing the words to songs I wrote. And curling their hair! I remember straightening my hair because I wanted to be like everybody else, and now the fact that anybody would emulate what I do? It's just funny. And wonderful.

•You are lucky enough to be different. Never change.

•"I'm the only one of me

Baby, that's the fun of me

You're the only one of you

Baby, that's the fun of you

And I promise that nobody's gonna love you like me-e-e

........

And when we had that fight out in the rain

You ran after me and called my name

I never wanna see you walk away."

(-Me)

•If we continue to show young girls that they are being compared to other girls, we're doing ourselves a huge disservice as a society. I surround myself with smart, beautiful, passionate, driven, ambitious women. Other women who are killing it should motivate you, thrill you, challenge you and inspire you rather than threaten you and make you feel like you're immediately being compared to them. The only thing I compare myself to is me, two years ago, or me one year ago.

•I want to wear pink and tell you how i feel about politics.I dont think those things have to cancel each other out.

•No one has the right to criticize you for how your body looks, but they will. One thing I've learned from experiencing this exact kind of criticism is that no one else can label your body except for you. No one gets to have a place in your mind if they weren't invited there by you. So please do me this one favor: Don't let their ugly words into your beautiful mind.

•Let go of people who bring you down, and surround yourself with those who bring out the best in you.

•Fixing your heartbreak by getting into another relationship is not the way to live your life - you need to live it on your terms for a while.

•I think I have to trust that you end up with the person you're supposed to end up with, and that everything in between is there to teach you stuff.

•That's the thing with love: It's going to be wrong until it's right.

•" step into the daylight and let it go."(-daylight)

"(-daylight)