Chapter. Twenty-Three

A/N: Banner on the top! Enjoy 

- 23 -

~ That Night... ~

I sat on my bed, my legs swinging pathetically as I stared at my phone. No one answered my calls or texts where I pleaded for entertainment. My eyes felt puffy as I looked around my flat. Everything was still. 

Hours ago, when I came back from Harry's flat, I had cried for a long time. I couldn't really help it, honestly. I was scared of the demonic Harry that came out earlier. His actions were so possessive and terrifying that, even if I were used to it, I'd probably still cry. It was terrible.

I had tried to call my older friends, Like Carly or Jackie. But neither answered nor responded to my text messages. So then I turned to Lindy. She answered, but unlike me, she was busy eating dinner with her boyfriend. She promised me that after dinner she'd head over. However it had been four hours since that promise and I began to doubt that anyone would come.

I was left alone, with nothing to do but sleep and eat. I didn't want to eat anything, and I had slept for a long time prior, so I just sat on my green comforter and scrolled through late texts. 

I was half-way through reading a conversation from months ago when I heard thumping outside. It sounded nothing like someone knocking, and it was too far from my door to possibly be someone who wanted me, so I decided to snoop. 

I have nothing better to do, anyway. I thought as I pushed myself off the rickety bed. I padded over to the door and got on my toes to sneak through the peep-hole. I had looked to the left of the hall, and no one was there. But as soon as my eyes switched the other direction, I grew sick to my stomach and pulled away.

I clutched my stomach and frowned. What is she doing there? I wondered. As soon as I saw long, slick black hair next to a head of curls I knew. I knew Harry was with Winter. They were trying to get into his flat.

He's probably cheating on you. The pessimistic side of my mind suggested. I shook my head in denial. "He wouldn't," I said aloud. I had a sick gut-feeling, though. 

"Just open the damn door!" I heard Winter squeal. She sounded drunk.

"Shut the f*ck up," Harry hissed quietly. He said something else, too, that I couldn't make out through the walls. He sounded just as drunk, if not more.

Some old friends, huh? I thought to myself. My eyes stung again, and my chest boiled with anger. Julia, you are going to march out there and yell at him. He can't play you like this. I nodded my head and took a few steps towards my door, but then stopped. What if he isn't cheating, though? I wondered. I turned away from the door and closed my eyes. Still, why is he with that slut? We all know she wants nothing more than to hop into his pants and ride the Styles train. 

I turned back around and marched to the door. My hand went up and engulfed the knob. I held onto it tightly, but didn't move it. Is this the right thing to do? I turned the knob slightly. Yes it is. I opened the door completely and stormed outside.

I turned my head, preparing the most menacing look I could muster, but was greeted with emptiness. They made it inside already. I walked over to his door and turned the knob. Locked. I looked around for a moment. I crouched down and looked in the pot beside his door for a key. Nothing. Then I looked down at the welcome mat. With a smug smile I peeled it up and retrieved his spare. Bingo! 

Before I could stop myself, I had stuck the key into the doorknob and unlocked the door. I could hear giggling and his deep voice. I swung open the door hastily. The sight made me drop the key to the floor and my mouth open.