Chapter. Two

I sat in my mum's Escalade, waiting for Harry to get his clothes from his house. I sat on the left seat, my arms crossed over my chest. From the corner of my eye, I noticed my mum glaring at me from her seat up front. I turned my head slowly to face her, but before I said anything she spoke.

"What's wrong with Harry?" She asked rather bluntly.

"Erm, lots of things." I told her, watching for Harry.

"... Like?"

"For starters," I began, inhaling some air, "I met him before dad mentioned him. He told me... Some.. Things"

Before I told her, Harry's door beside me slammed shut and he sat quietly beside me, only Halley's booster seat separating us. 

"Harry" My mum smiled, "Get everything you need?"

"Absolutely." He said quietly, before glancing at me. In the dark car, only Harry's emerald eyes were noticeable. Aside from his black hoodie that shielded his face.

I turned away from him and watched outside where my dad and little sister talked. He hugged her before sending her off to us.

Halley got in on Harry's side. I cringed as Harry's large hands wrapped around Halley to help her up. There was something about him that made me uncomfortable. Not the whole stalker dilemma, but the fact he has a seductive charm to him. Every time her glanced at me it made goosebumps arise from my skin. 

"Julia" Halley's voice rang, making me go back to reality.

"Yeah, Hal?" I asked, trying to make my accent sound British.

If you didn't already know, our family is originally from Australia. I grew up there until Halley was born, then we moved to London because my mum's new job was here. On the way my dad had found a job which leads us to this situation.

So, because of this, Halley has a slight British accent from living her whole life here. While we all still have thick Australian accents.

"Can you get the buckle? It's...Stuck..." She grunted, pulling at the material. I moved the strap around her seat and buckled it in front of her. I tried to ignore Harry's eyes as I leaned over Halley to click it into place.

When my behind met the seat, I buckled myself in and waited for my dad to get back into the house. He was talking to Harry's mum in the doorway. To my horror, he turned around and waved my mum over to him. She slipped out and happily jogged to Harry's mum.

I was left alone with Harry and Halley. Hopefully, I thought, he wouldn't try anything because she was in between us. But I was quickly proven wrong when he leaned over and put a hand on my thigh. I smacked it away quickly.

He chuckled, leaning back again. "Why don't you like me, Julia?" He asked, his eyes sealing closed as he relaxed in the seat. He hummed, waiting for my answer.

"You're creepy." I spoke bitterly, crossing my legs and watching outside, praying for my parents to come back. 

"I don't think Harry is creepy." Halley yawned, closing her eyes like Harry.

Harry's lips tugged up into a smirk. "Thank you, Halley."

"You're..." She let out another yawn. "You're welcome, Harry."

I growled in defeat as Halley went to sleep in her chair. Moments later my mum and dad came back and drove away from Harry's house. The car played a soft song from the radio as we turned onto the highway. I didn't realize how far Harry lived from my house until I found myself grow drowsy.

When we finally pulled into the driveway of my house, I didn't miss the smug look on Harry's face. I rolled my eyes at him. My mum got out, and my dad soon followed. Harry was next, slipping from his belt and hopping onto the concrete. I unbuckled Halley from her seat and held her in my arms.