CH. 6

“Who wants to go for a walk in the park? Wanna go, boy?” I smiled at Koda who barked while wagging his tail excitedly.

Amazingly enough I have no plans for this Saturday. I called the boys to ask if they wanted to do something, but all I got were groans of complaint about the headache they were getting. So I took Koda's collar and decided to take him for a walk and get some lunch on the way home.

The park we frequented was two blocks away from my house and was simply huge. I remember getting lost a time or two when I first moved in. People usually go with their pets or children since the park has playground equipment, to jog, or simply to have a picnic or lie down on the grass enjoying the vast green area covered with trees.

As it was Saturday morning the number of people was still low and I decided to walk one of the paths between the trees, taking off my little friend's leash so that he could make the most of it and smell absolutely every tree and bush on the way.

Ten minutes into the park and I started to hear a cry coming from somewhere in front of me. As I walked, the crying became clearer and I saw Koda standing some feet away, looking up at a tree in front of him. As I got closer I saw a little boy sitting there, but not just any little boy, it was Jeonsan.

“San?” he lifted his head and walked towards me, arms up. I crouched and he came straight into my hug.

“Y/n!” I gave him a minute to calm down and pulled him away so I could look into his eyes, cupping his wet cheeks.

“What happened, why are you here alone?”

“I-I followed a buttelfly and got lost. Don’t know where daddy is'' he sniffed and I cleaned his cheeks.

“Don’t worry, I’ll help you, ok?” he nodded “Do you wanna meet my friend?” he nodded again and I called Koda who ran at me and when San saw him, he hid behind my back “Sit” Koda did as I asked “He won’t bite, you can pet him”

With some resistance Sannie got closer and reached his hand to the golden dog caressing his head while a smile slowly appeared on his face. I reached for my phone and dialed Jungkook’s number, who's probably going crazy after his son but he didn’t answer. Great. I tried one more time and it went straight to the voice mail.

“San?” he looked at me “Were you and your dad close to the toys?” he eagerly nodded and I took his hand, knowing where to go. The chances that Jungkook is still there are low but it’s worth the shot.

San was so caught up with Koda that he completely forgot the fact that he was sad and crying a few minutes ago. Meanwhile, as we walked, I kept calling the little boy’s father who refused to pick up his phone. So I texted him a pic of San with the caption ‘look who I found’ to see if I could get any type of response and it worked since he
called me a second later, voice filled with concern and I told him where we were heading to.

“Daddy!” Jeonsan yelled and ran as soon as he saw Jungkook, who crunched to pick up his boy.

“Oh my, thank goodness you’re ok!” I noticed a lonely tear on his cheeks and red eyes and felt a little bad for him “Where did you go? I was so worried! You can’t just walk around on your own like that”

“I’m soly” he hugged his dad’s neck one more time and I noticed his eyes were also filled with tears. Jungkook kissed his cheeks and after a quick talk he got up and looked at me before inviting me to sit down with him. The bench he was using was filled with books and a notebook indicating he has probably been studying.

“I can’t thank you enough for finding him, Y/n” he spoke as he picked up his things and placed them in his backpack.

“Oh, don’t worry about it” I sat down next to him, who ran a hand over his face. Both of us observed San playing with Koda, since I provided them a ball “Really, you don’t even have to thank me. I’m surprised to see you guys here”