Chapter 6 - What to Do, In Front of My Roommate, My Love Rival Confessed to Me

On the way back the both of them carried the mat, one in front and the other behind, covering both Wei Ru Song’s butt and Xiao Nian’s crotch. However, with their height difference, the way the mat was tilted was strange-looking.

A classmate from orienteering training ran over to Wei Ru Song and greeted him.

“Hey Ru Song, are you stealing the mat?”​

“Yeah, bringing it back to use as a mattress.”

Although every dormitory room had their own balcony, a mat would take up more than half the space. Xiao Nian and Wei Ru Song could only first remove the mat cover.

By this point, Xiao Nian’s pampered prince character was finally exposed. This young master with an impressive background could only fruitlessly pull at the mat. Wei Ru Song felt that it looked like Xiao Nian was trying to peel the skin off someone instead, having used so much strength, it seemed like an accident was about to occur.
“Eh don’t use so much force! You-“

A rip was heard.

“Fuck!” Wei Ru Song nearly puked blood, “You’ve damaged public property!”

“…”

Xiao Nian lifted the dark green mat to take a look, there really was a huge tear. Wei Ru Song returned to the room. Xiao Nian thought he was going to flee the crime scene. A sense of betrayal and abandonment welled up in Xiao Nian. He did not know from when he had started to subconsciously rely on Wei Ru Song, and while immersing himself in his imagination he heard Wei Ru Song call out.

“Junior, bring the mat cover in.”

Like magic, Wei Ru Song brought out a sewing kit and nimbly threaded a needle. Taking the mat cover from Xiao Nian he skilfully repaired the tear. As a science student Xiao Nian could only describe this Wei Ru Song as a model mother and wife. Even his own fairy-like mother had never sewn or repaired anything before, unconcernedly replacing any torn items with new ones easily. Wei Ru Song, despite his busy hands, did not stop chattering.

“Look at you, so clumsy and careless. I know you’re handsome, if you were in a tv show you’ll definitely be a flawless and god-like male lead. Don’t mind me saying, I’m your senior, I want the best for you, your parents have also mentioned this to you right? Don’t think too much, I’m not thinking of taking advantage of you, I just think that you can’t, because of your looks, go around committing crimes, no, be proud and arrogant, no, damn I’m a science student not arts, I’m not good with words, anyway do you understanding what I’m trying to say?”

“… Roughly.”

Sitting at the table with his chin supported by his hand, Xiao Nian stared at Wei Ru Song. This is the first time he felt that a guy could also be described as adorable. Whether it was Wei Ru Song’s ineloquent advice, or his talented sewing skills, or maybe his bright and shiny almond eyes like stars reflecting off water, his angry but helpless expression, anyway Xiao Nian, also one with poor vocabulary, could only think of the concise but layered with meaning description – adorable.

“Hey you’re really dumb, you’ll definitely marry a river snail fairy in the future.”

“What’s a river snail fairy?”

“Do you have a childhood?! You actually don’t know the river snail fairy?!”

Wei Ru Song was surprised, at the same time he also started imagining a Hollywood-worthy movie, a Xiao Nian trapped by himself on an island since young, going through torturous and hell-like training, resulting with him being talented in all matters. Reaching adulthood as a humanoid robot, he forged his current identity and sneaked into this college to look for his owner, and Wei Ru Song just happened to be this person. All that had happened were just Xiao Nian secretly testing him. Wei Ru Song believed, there was going to be a day where Xiao Nian would reveal himself gloriously, calling Wei Ru Song his master, and declaring him to be God’s appointed saviour of the word!