Chapter 23 - What to Do, In Front of My Roommate I Performed a Split

This was Wei Ru Song’s first kiss.

Actually Wei Ru Song thought that his first kiss with Xiao Nian would be a bit more romantic, something like under a glorious fireworks display, the lights of the fireworks lighting up their faces, exploding fireworks slowly descending just above them, in that moment Xiao Nian’s face would definitely look very nice; or maybe at the Bridge of Sighs where they did not manage to see due to the chaos from Xiao Nian’s parents, they would really stay together forever just like the legends; if not it could also be under the warm yellow streetlights, as they shivered in the cold while their lips and breaths met warmly.

But this isn’t bad as well, at least we’ve kissed. Although it was not initiated by Wei Ru Song, he would just have to remember to get it back next time.

Someone started clapping, the crowd followed, the applause was as loud as thunder, the skill of the crowd in creating liveliness was amazing, there were more and more people watching, someone also took out their phones to capture the moment. 

“Don’t!”

​Wei Ru Song covered his face, he still was not prepared to be famous in this manner. Luckily Xiao Nian was clever, he pulled the hood of Wei Ru Song’s coat over his head, and told the stunned host.

“Your attitude toward your customers is very upsetting, but as it’s Valentine’s Day today, I don’t want to let my lover hear anything bad, I’ll come down next time to settle this privately.”

The host was speechless, the crowd muttering and pointing, his face flushed, he turned around wanting to hide in the restaurant, but was stopped by a call from Xiao Nian.

“What’s this, no need to apologise before leaving?”

Chen Xuan Xuan was also instigating the crowd.

“Exactly, from just now till now he never meant to admit his fault, this is too much, is he looking down on them?”

Under pressure the host apologised to Wei Ru Song and Xiao Nian, and also offered them a free couple’s table, Xiao Nian rejected it, coolly departing with Wei Ru Song. While leaving Wei Ru Song mouthed a “Thanks” to Chen Xuan Xuan, Chen Xuan Xuan also mouthed a “Keep Fighting” back to Wei Ru Song.

Wei Ru Song off-handedly remembered his conversation with Chen Xuan Xuan on the rooftop, his advice at that time might have sounded very assholish, but Wei Ru Song sincerely wished the best for Chen Xuan Xuan, despite having flaws, she was still a very good woman, maybe if Xiao Nian did not appear, they might have had a different ending to their story.

There were not so many “maybes” in the world, as long as there was a happy ending, no one would regret it.

“This is infuriating,” Even after walking a distance, Wei Ru Song was still boiling in anger, he could not help but start scolding. “Fuck, I want to report him, let him be fired!”

Xiao Nian saw Wei Ru Song this angry, he contemplated for a moment and pulled his sleeve.

“Senior let me tell you something, you might be happier after hearing it.”

“Say it.”

“That restaurant is owned by my father’s company,” Xiao Nian’s words were shocking. “To fire him is something very easy.”

“Huh?!” Wei Ru Song choked, what was with this “overbearing president saying he loves me” situation found in third-rate romance novels? – I’m feeling a little dizzy, help, help, someone come support Us… “Why didn’t you just say it then? How often can we be in an idol drama-like situation, I would still be able to share your main lead’s spotlight!”