Chapter 14

Scott's POV

I get to hang out again! With Edwina! Tomorrow! Alone!

I sat on my bed, squealing. I can't believe it! Was she... asking me out!? Oh my god!

No, no. Don't get your hopes up, Scott. It's just hang out between friends. That's all it is... right?

"Scott! C'mon!" I hear from outside of my door. Oh, right! I have a job interview today!

"I'm ready!" I open my bedroom door, and sprint out of the house. There's a cafe nearby, and they're hiring. As a high-school student, I could really use the extra cash.

Alright, here I am. I check the time. 12:00 PM, sharp. My interview was at 12:10. I was going to the couch, waiting. I then see Edwina waiting there.

"Edwina! Hey! What're you doing here? Aren't you busy today?" I ask her.

"Oh! Hey, Scott! Great to see you here!" She countered, steering clear of my question. She gave me a hug— wait. What?

I flinch back in surprise, but don't resist. What do I do? Do I hug back or...

"Oh, sorry. I should've asked. I'm just here for a cup of coffee, waiting on a to-go cup. I gotta stay up tonight." She pulled back, letting go of me in her embrace. It felt like a part of me left my body as I felt her let go of me.

"Tha—"

"Scott Krunkle?"