Chapter 20

Cordell's POV

I wake up to a jabbing feeling in my neck, screaming. I wake up in my bed.

Was it all just a nightmare?

It had to be.

Why did he— she? They? It do that?

I see my brother.

"Goawayyoucantseemelikethisnobodycan..." I start and just mumble to myself that everything was okay.

It's okay.

It's okay.

It okay.

It's okay.

?

It has to be true.

I lay on my back in my bed, staring at the ceiling. Why is my body in so much pain? It was just a dream.

So why does it still hurt?

My brain replays it.

"Shut up!" An average sized black figure yelled, their voice sounding weirdly angelic.

"Why should I?" This figure was a bit taller, and white, yet its voice was kind of just an echo.

The next thing I know, I'm in place of the white figure. I have no body, I can't control what it's saying or doing.

The black figure smiles and opens its eyes, and they're flashing a bunch of colors. I tried covering my eyes, but it wouldn't work.

I stared at them for two years.

Next thing I know, the white figure was in front of me, with a knife.

"Why are you doing this? I thought we were friends." I ask it.

"Friends? That sounds familiar."

I stare at it in confusion while it repeats the word "friend." Eventually, it just turns back to me and stabs itself, with human blood splattering onto me.

But why did I also feel it's pain?

"EDWINA BIT ME IN THE NECK" I think I scream out loud. I apparently just mumble it while my brother is here. I'm under the sheets.

He rips off the sheets, and I just now realize I'm covered in blood.

Stop it! Please!