Chapter 3: Nate

Chapter 3
Nate

I was tired.

Fuck. I was so tired.

And in pain.

And hungry.

And nauseous.

God. I want to die.

I have been sitting in darkness for about a few hours now. The only light source I had in this dark ass room was the light from the hallway, seeping through the thin cracks in between the door and its hinges.

My legs were getting numb staying in the same position for so long and all I wanted to do now was to sleep. I probably could have laid down on the floor and tried to sleep there- it was the only 'comfortable' place left- but the clear presence of roaches and rodents made me reconsider that idea.

I hated this place. I mean, other than the fact that I was basically being held captive here by an insane man, I was left all alone with my thoughts. It was suffocating and tiring– so goddamn tiring.

Suddenly, I could hear footsteps echoing right outside the door. I instinctively pushed myself against the wet wall behind me as it came closer and closer.

Soon enough, the door creaked open. Dim light flooded in the black room and right at the doorway was the silhouette of Keith Romanov himself carrying what seems to be a tray in his hand.

He stood there for a few seconds, looking at me (I think) before taking slow steps towards me. I could only glare at him as he got closer but stopped when I whiffed up the smell of food in the air.

"Eat" Romanov said, squatting down to place the tray by my legs.

I wanted to be suspicious and think about the possibility of him poisoning the food before coming down here but the rich scent of meat and mashed potatoes blinded me.

My hands were still dirty from the mud on the floor but I didn't care at all and immediately scooped up a handful of  potatoes in my mouth.

I moaned as soon as it hit my tastebuds. It was surprisingly delicious, and so was the meat!

In no time at all, I was taking in the last piece of meat. I looked up at Romanov and found him staring at me with a small smirk playing on his lips.

"Good boy" he whispered, taking the tray with him as he stood up.

I watched his back as it retreated towards the door. Before the door fully closed, I could see something glinting on the floor just a few meters from where I was

And somehow, I've got this strange feeling that it might have been a knife.

*

I hugged my stomach tight as I felt it grumble in pain for the fifth time this minute. I definitely shouldn't have gobbled up that meal that fast. I'm still blaming Romanov though.

Looking at the door, I wondered if anyone could hear me if I screamed. I really needed to use the bathroom and no matter how dire the situation is, I refuse to shit in my pants.

"HELP"I screamed

"CHRISTOPHER! ROMANOV! HELP"

I waited for a few seconds to see if anyone would come. My stomach grumbled again making me wince and hugged it tighter.

"KEITH? CHRIS? HELP ME!" I tried once more but just like the last time no one replied.

I kicked the ground in frustration, biting my inner cheeks as my stomach grumbled once again.