eleven

well hello hello hellooooo. did all of you miss me because i surely missed all of you😚

it feels so good to be publishing again. fair warning, i am still in school so my imagines books will be on pause for the remainder of the summer. however i will gladly get back to them (and more😉) once august rolls around🥰

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: jealousy, minimal swearing
word count: 3761

Tara: "Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." Epicurus.

"Thank you again for coming with me to pick up the boys," JJ said and looked over at the woman in her passenger seat.

"Anytime. Plus, I've been wanting to spend a little bit of time with you. I feel like you're always busy. Granted, our jobs keep us busy, but I just miss my beautiful barbie doll," Penelope said and grabbed onto JJ's hand. "Believe me, I get it. You work all day as a superhero and then turn into supermom and superwife when you get home."

Superwife. Well, not really.

Penelope didn't need to know that JJ was, in fact, not going home right away and instead going to her other home. Emily's apartment was now JJ's newest escape.

"It's tiring, but I wouldn't call myself a supermom or superwife," JJ said and chuckled nervously. Penelope looked over at her with her jaw dropped.

"Are you kidding?" Penelope asked and furrowed her eyebrows. "I've met plenty of bad moms and wives, Jay. You're not one of them."

"Thank you, Pen. I just don't—"

"Okay, what's going on with you?" Penelope asked and crossed her arms. JJ furrowed her eyebrows as she turned left onto the road. Right now, JJ wanted to be anywhere else in the world. "First, you start acting weird at Rossi's wedding. Second, you magically forget to tell your best friend in the whole entire freaking world that you're a batter for both teams. And thirdly, Spencer has been saying that you've been staying late for paperwork?"

"Penelope—"

"Believe me, I love Emily, but she should take your shackles of paperwork off every once and a while," Penelope said and sat up slightly. JJ's face read pure confusion as Penelope finally took a breath of air. "The same with herself."

"What exactly does Emily have to do with this?" JJ asked and flicked her eyes over to Penelope briefly. Granted, it wasn't unusual for the two to talk about their boss. It wasn't in any harmful context, Emily just needed to relax every now and then.

"You and her have been staying late! I'm worried about the two of you," Penelope said and sighed heavily. "But you know Emily. Her Virgo mars won't let her falter on her self-degrading habits. She's starting to act the same way like when she first joined the team. She was staying late and never really let any of us into her personal life."

"Do you think this has to do with Rose?" JJ asked calmly. She didn't want to raise too much suspicion with Garcia. The blonde woman was able to find anything in the world, no doubt she'd find something to link Emily and JJ together romantically at some point.

"Who's Rose?" Penelope asked and furrowed her eyebrows. JJ immediately wished that life had a reset button.

"Oh, nobody. I just wanted to see if—"

"No, no, no. You're not slipping that information pass me and expect me not to look into it," Penelope said and raised a finger as she pulled out her cellphone. JJ shut her eyes as she was praying that Penelope wouldn't find anything.