Chapter#9 No School..but still a nightmare

" Hey sweety " my mom says happily and walks in and sits down next to me in bed, it 7:30 in the morning the normal time I get up and go to school and the Suns just starting to rise and I hear the birds singing outside. " there's no school today cause I pipe broke and the hallways are flooded so thy shut down the school so you get to stay home " my mom finishes and walks out the door. I lay there for a second and let my mind turn on and register what she just said, " YAY NO SCHOOL " I yell surprising myself in the process. I run down stairs and grab my mom in a big hug, " I DONT HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL AND I DONT HAVE to deal with........ " I trail off remembering the events from yesterday and my mom wraps her arm around my shoulders, " don't worry sweety you'll get over it. " She turns around and continues cooking breakfast so I decide to go up stairs and watch Simpsons on the t.v in my room.

⏳⌛️⏳-10 minutes later

I'm watching Simpsons when my mom walks in with breakfast on a tray and places it next to me, " hey sweety I thought you would like breakfast in bed you know to help clear your head " " Thanks mom your the best " I give her a big hug and she kisses me on the cheek " love you des " and she walks out. I look on the tray and see she made my favourite, chocolate chip waffles with syrup and a nice bowl of fresh cut fruit, wow my mom sure knows how to cheer people up. I dig in and it's delicious, I go back to watching Simpsons.

⏳⌛️⏳- 3 minutes later

I'm almost done my tray when I hear a small knock on the door and my mom walks in with red puffy eyes and her shirt is wet with tears and her phone is in her hand, " mom what's wrong " I ask as she walks over to me and I put the tray on the floor and make room for her on my bed, " Destiny....your farther he....he died in a car crash on the way to work this morning...he was rushed to the hospital but he died in the ambulance...he....HE'S DEAD " she's crying into my shoulder and I place my hand on her back and I can feel it vibrating. My brain starts working and I take in the words she said, " he's dead....he's dead " we both are crying and holding each other in are arms.