Chapter 17

6 months later

I'm finally back in Toronto visiting Imani again. The raptors have had such an amazing season they're actually in the playoffs which is why I'm here. I plan to stay here for as long as they're playing. Hopefully they make it to the finals. It's Imani's dream to win and NBA championship.

These last 6 months have been really up and down. Imani's been doing great with basketball but his personal relationships haven't been so great. He has been fighting a lot with his dad and with Ryan they broke up twice in the last few months. The first time because she caught him talking to another girl on Instagram and the second because he just wasn't prioritizing their relationship.

I think being in a relationship is hard for Imani no matter how much he wants it to work. He didn't grow up with an example of a healthy relationship. His father and I were never together and he didn't see me with another man until Aubrey and at that point he was too old for it to sink in for him. I just hope he gets himself together.

Right now I'm riding to the hotel from the airport. It was starting to warm up in Toronto so there were no big puffer jackets in sight. The sun was out and the city looked beautiful. I can't wait to see my son, he's going to be really busy because he's in the playoffs right now and has games literally every other day but what time I will be able to spend with him will make me so happy.

It's been a difficult 6 months. I miss Aubrey like crazy This breakup has been like no other, I can't escape him Aubrey is everywhere I go. I see his face on social media, on TV when I'm watching my son's games, I hear his voice on the radio, at the gym, when I press shuffle on Spotify or Apple Music. He's everywhere and it makes me miss him.

I finally made it to my hotel and went up to my room. When I opened the door the room was covered in gifts. There was a bouquet of flowers on the table and a card in it that said "I Miss You". I gasped shocked at the fact that my room was also full of designer gift bags.

"Awww Imani is so sweet

"Awww Imani is so sweet." I said to myself. He always shows his appreciation for me no matter what. He's been so busy with the playoffs and he still had time to do this for me.

I saw an Hermes box with a bow on it with a note that says 'I love you always, see you soon.'

I opened the box and was stunned by the Birkin Himalaya inside. This was one of the most expensive and rare Birkins ever made. Only four others like it in the world.

I unpacked and got ready to head to Imani's game. This time I was by myself Alyssa was too busy to come this time but my parents are going to come and watch Imani play off and when they make it to the finals.

I was finally ready so I headed out and made my way to the game. Tonight I would be sitting court side because I was all by myself. I always love watching my baby's games but there's something special about sitting court side.