^32

Ricky pov:

"Dead? What is he talking about?" Mr. Knight asked Nini.

I still couldn't believe that she was here, she was still alive. She still looked the same except that she looked more mature. But she still had that little sparkle in her eye every time she sees me.

There was a moment of silence before she finally said something and let me tell you her voice is just the same. "He's the guy I told you about" she rushed out.

At her words he seemed to freeze. "You mean that he is, you know who?" I don't think I was supposed to hear that part because Nini glared at him.

I had to hold myself back from chuckling at that. You fucked up if she did that and honestly, I was happy about that.

Nini pov:

Why was he here? Has he always been in New York?

I thought he would still be in Salt Lake City with a family by now. I never wanted to see him again, that's why I did what I did. Why did he have to be here?

I was helpless in this situation. It was not like I could just run out of the restaurant. That would just seem suspicious. He can never and I mean never find out why I left my old life behind.

"Nina, maybe we should go home" My fiancé, Leonardo, suggested. How that happened is actually an interesting story.

I looked up at him and softly nodded my head. I had no energy left inside of me to answer. "I'm sorry that we have to cut this dinner short Mr. Bowen" he told Ricky. I know he didn't mean it, he just said it to seem friendly. After saying that he ushered me out of the restaurant and into his black Mercedes

. There was this tension between us all the way back home. I was to scared to say anything and Leonardo, well I think he was to shocked to say anything either or he just didn't want to say anything.

When we arrived at our new house I quickly got out of the car and walked into the house. As soon as I opened the front door small hands wrapped around my legs. I smiled down at my little angel. "Well hello Jenny" I said while picking the three-year-old up and setting her onto my hip.

Jenny smiled as soon as she was in my arms. "Where is Claire?" I asked her. "Upstairs" she said before wiggling out of my arms and running up the stairs. I shook my head and smiled at her cuteness. All of the sudden two arms wrapped themselves around my waist.

"My Sister will pick her up soon. She just called me." As if on cure the doorbell rang. Leonardo let go off me to open the door to reveal his sister.

"Where is my princess?" she yelled into the house and seconds later footsteps where heard running down the stairs. Jenny saw her and her face immediately lit up even more than when she saw me.

That made a lot of sense though. "Mommy" she said happily while hugging her mom. I loved Jenny, but she was a kid with a lot of energy. That's why Leonardo's sister, Lucia brought her to our house a few times a week, so Claire could babysit her too.

Claire was our neighbour's kid and she loved to babysit the girls.

Just as the door closed, I was pulled out of my thoughts by Emma walking down the stairs. "Hey mom, hey Leo" she said before hugging the two of us. Emma is my 10-year-old daughter.

And like you can tell Leo is not her father. She never had a father in her life, but she also never wanted one. When she was 8, she asked about her dad and I told her why he wasn't with us, after that she never asked again.

I followed her into the kitchen, where Claire was grabbing her bag. "Thanks again Claire. Tomorrow I'll be home all day, so we'll see each other after the weekend." She nodded her head as a sign that she understood and left after saying goodbye. "Mom, can we eat pizza for Dinner?" My daughter asked me.

"Yeah, that actually sounds great. Go pick out a movie while I order some. Oh, and would you tell Leonardo to come to the kitchen." She nodded her head before quickly running into the living room. My fiancé stepped into the kitchen but didn't say anything.

"He's her father, isn't he?" He asked as soon as we heard the movie playing in the living room.

I sighed, but nodded my head, nonetheless.

"He should know Nina. After all its his child." "He can't know" I said while abruptly turning around and facing him.

"You can't keep this form him. For god's sake you made the guy believe you were dead for 10 years even though you were just hiding in the middle of nowhere with a child. "I know you might not get why I did what I did, but it was what was best for Emma and me."

He shook his head at my words though. "No matter what he did, you still took something really precious away from him. You acted like you were dead, making him probably feel awful and you his daughter form him. You denied Emma to have a father figure in her life. And don't even try to say she has me because we all know I'm just your friend to her."

I groaned in annoyance "I know, ok, I know. But I just didn't want him to hurt me again I know that was fucking selfish, but I couldn't let Emma grow up thinking her parents split up. It was better this way, for everyone. He'll never know about her, so he wont mind."

Leonardo just shook his head before walking away without saying another word.

Was he right? Did I make a mistake? I sighed, maybe I did, maybe I didn't. But even if I did it was way to late to fix it now.

Emma is my daughter and I just wanted to protect her, wasn't that enough explanation for this?

———
Do y'all think what Nini did was ok?

Also do y'all like Leonardo?