Date

Mike/Thatchers pov

I walked through the streets of london in my dark blue over coat and gave a chill. Kidd was running the operation at base and i really doubted i was going to be roll called, still cant believe he's second in command of Rainbpe even though ive been here two times longer than he has.

But im willin to accept that one Kidds a good guy and less work for me.

I pulled out my phone to see it was nearing 4 pm. I was going to be late. Lord.

I increased my walking by a good notch or so and then finally made it to the coffee shop Ive always made time for.

Entering the warm and cozy shop i looked around and found a empty seat, but i mare way to the counter to meet Jegar, the shop owner. He was old, almost bald but had that german mustache. And to your expecting he did have the faint german accent.

"Ah Mike, welcome, the usual black coffee with milk?" Jegar asked as he gave his homey warm glance at me.

"Of course, hows business?"

"Bloody freezing, people dont want to walk over to get what they want, dont blame them"

As Jegar said that he started working on the tea and as he countinued to ramble on i slightly zoned out like any normal person would. Then the door opened and i turned to see a woman with a hood on and glarrer at me and smiled, she sat down at a spot then pulled out her phone.

A second later i pulled out my phone and read a text message saying, Im here.

I grinned at this and Jegor set my cup of coffee on the counter and gave me a reassuring smile as i took teh coffee and walked over to the table where the lady sat, my date.

"So, my date? I eas expecting a bit....more fishier" The lady said as she smiled at me and held her hands in a cup.

"I was expecting a bit less mojo" I replied. "Names mike, i know we talked online but i like formal introductions"

"That i can appreciate, lovely to meet with you in person Mike" she said raising her hand as i formally took it.

"Now whats this junebug in the winter mountins doing bout here?"

The lady smiled at that and laughed a little. "Ive moved here a good four years back, ive been procrastinating about getting a date"

"That i can speculate and agree with."

"So whats the big tough fishermen doing here in the big ol city?"

"Ive got myself a job here, whenever I can i head back to my old home and enioy my vacation." I replied as i took a sip of my coffee.

"I see, so we're practically on the same page of our situations huh?" The lady replied, "What do yoh do for work?"

"Well, Im apart of the police force" i said as i speculated if i should tell her about Rainbow, maybe i will, just gotta trust her. "You?"

"Forigen Buisness affairs, since covid struck ive been able to stay home and do my work, oh lord, you should have been in the heat i was in during my stay in Brazil." She explained and laughed at her joke.

I smiled at that and then leaned in my chair a bit. "By the way, I never got your name, what is it?"

The lady looked at me in surpirse as of she thought she did. "Its Julie"

"What's your last name?"

"Why do you ask that?"

"Because, last names give first names personality"

"Will you judge me if i tell you? People have freaked out a bit when i tell them my last name"

I turned my head a bit at this. "Of course not, stuck with a celebrity?"

"More like terriost"

Oof.... "Oof, but j wont judge, your name doesnt affect who you are, i wont judge, I cross my heart"

"My last names......

Mendez"