I Got You

Welcome to the chapter number 9 of "Ascending Love".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

Boruto and Sarada met up with Mitsuki just outside the building. He had been waiting on them for a little while now. Mitsuki could already hear them bickering about something as they approached. Both of them were trying to catch their breath.

"You two should stop acting so childish. This is serious." Mitsuki looked at the two of them as they walked into the building.

"Where is Konohamaru?" Sarada looked around thinking maybe he was goofing off somewhere.

"Be serious! The Hokage and Shikamaru are talking with him. They were waiting on us! Whatever mission this is... we really need to take is serious. Please don't fight with each other this time." Mitsuki looked at Boruto the whole time.

"Hey... I am not the one that is always lecturing my teammates." Boruto looked at Sarada.

"Really?" Sarada glared.

"Can we just not talk at all then..." Mitsuki said dully.

The Hokage let Shikamaru explain the mission and why it was so important for Team 7 to carry out the mission. Mitsuki calculated all the possible outcomes as Shikamaru explained the difficulty and preciseness of the mission. Boruto butted in asking questions without thinking first. The Hokage told his son to be quiet several times. Sarada listened to every detail. She avoided eye contact with Shikamaru and the Hokage for the majority of the meeting. She felt awkward at first being around both Boruto and Naruto at the same time. As the mission was explained though she found herself thinking so much about the possible mission details. Over the ten to fifteen minutes of mission explanations, Sarada finally made eye contact with the Hokage. He breathed in deeply and sat straight up in his chair as Shikamaru wrapped up the details.

"So. In conclusion the reason why this mission is so important for Team 7 is because the target for retrieval is one Uchiha, Sasuke." Shikamaru looked to Konohamaru, who was behind the team. All three adults looked to Sarada for a response. The silence filled the room for a moment or two.

"Uchiha? It would seem that you might finally meet your father." Mitsuki looked over at Sarada.

"The Sasuke Uchiha!?" Boruto looked wide eyed and very much interested.

Sarada closed her eyes so the tears that had built up in her eyes, would be forced to roll down her cheeks. She clenched her jaw tightly and took a deep breath. Her heart began to heart quickly. It felt as though she had released a huge reserve of chakra. She curled her fingers into fists at her side. She had been waiting her whole life for a chance to meet her dad, and this is how it was going to happen... it was going to happen with a paid mission. Sarada felt hurt that Naruto would even consider this to be just another mission to her and the rest of her team. She felt a sting of pain in her eyes as she opened her eyes looking directly into Naruto's eyes. In the reflection of Naruto's bright blue eyes were deep red eyes that no one had ever seen before in Sarada's eyes. Naruto's eyes widened, and he parted his lips in surprise.

Sarada narrowed her eyes at him, and she took another deep breath. Shikamaru stood up straight bringing his hands together to prepare his Shadow Possession jutsu. Konohamaru was standing behind his team. Mitsuki and Boruto looked at each other, and then they both looked at Sarada.

"Sarada... calm down." Naruto held up a hand to her from behind his desk.

"Sharingan..." Mitsuki said in an intrigued tone.