- T W E N T Y S E V E N -

[ I R L ]

BOTH LUCY AND TOMMY WERE READY for their date, wilbur had dressed tommy in some black jeans and a collared shirt with the top button undone which was covered by a navy jumper that was placed on top.

"he's here!" niki shouts to lucy who is currently in the bathroom freaking out.

"wait, can you come here please?" she shouts back.

niki makes her way quickly to the bathroom leaving wilbur and tommy sitting on the couch waiting.

"what's up?" niki asks as she opens the door.

as she opened the door further she sees lucy standing there with a tear stained face, niki pulls her into a hug immediately.

"i can't do this niki, i can't go on this date" they sniffle "what if i panic and don't know what to say and i just look all ugly now so please just tell him to go home"

"you know i can't do that" niki says softy "let me get some wipes from this cupboard, tommy can wait"

"thank you niki" lucy smiles.

niki got some makeup remover from under the sink and began wiping away lucy's makeup before reapplying it more subtly this time, she did a small wing for the eyeliner and highlighter in the inner corner of her eyes as well as the bridge of her nose not forgetting a little bit of blush on her cheeks.

"there you go" niki smiles.

"thank you so much niki, i swear if he doesn't ask me out after this i will snap his neck" she laughs.

"he'd be stupid not to"

"thank you niki"

they walk out of the bathroom together to the living room where wilbur and tommy were sat on their phones, tommy looked up and a grin appeared on his face along with a slight blush that didn't go unnoticed by wilbur.

"you look nice" he stood up.

"thanks you too" she blushed profusely.

"shall we go?" he asked.

"yeah, see you guys later"

"goodbye love birds" wilbur waved.

"fuck off wilbur" tommy laughed as he closed the door behind them.

"so where are we going then?"

"that's a surprise"

"it better not be somewhere fancy as i'm severely underdressed"

"it's not somewhere fancy and even if we were everyone would be looking at me anyway" he joked.

"whatever tommy, i'm serious though because if it is fancy you don't know what i will do"

"okay now i'm scared, it's not fancy"

"you keep saying that but i still don't know where we are going"

"just keep walking and we will get there soon"

lucy didn't reply and instead continued to walk along side tommy in a comfortable silence. as they walked tommy contemplated on holding her hand, it was right there and she obviously liked him so what was the worst that could happen? she lets go and that's it so he went for it.

their hands were now linked together, they both blushed and avoided eye contact with each other smiling brightly still. as they got closer and closer to their destination tommy felt his heart beating faster, he was panicking. what would he do if she didn't like it?

"we're almost here"

"okay can you tell me what we are doing now?"

"yes, we are going to the chip shop then we are going to sit on a bench"

"that sounds perfect"

"really? because that was not the plan but we can do it if you want"

"nope, that can be our second date" she smirked.

"oh so there's a second date?"

"if you want, anyway what are we actually doing here?"

"well i got a few of our brighton friends to buy some food for us and put it by a little river for us to eat"

"you remembered?"

"of course i did"

this made lucy's heart ache but not in a bad way, in a way that it was filled with excitement and didn't know how to control it. no one had ever done something like this for her, she told him once about how she'd love to go on a date like this a few weeks ago but she never think she'd be able to go on one.