Chapter 13: Impossible Power

The night sky was clearer than Aadila had ever seen it before. The stars seemed brighter, the moon much more vibrant than she could have ever imagined. However, even with this beautiful night Aadila could only worry about her long time friend that had still not returned from the Valley of the Kings. She thought that all he was going to do was go and put a spell on the tomb to protect it and then come back, so Mahad should have returned hours ago. Without much thought, Aadila made her way to the stable and grabbed a horse, her horse to be exact. It had survived all these years and seemed to have remembered her, causing a smile to form on Aadila's face. Not even putting on the saddle, Aadila rode in the direction of the Valley of the Kings to see if she could see Mahad and the group of soldiers and magicians returning. There was nothing, just an empty road and not a sign of anyone coming. 

Not long before Aadila made her way to the stable, the Pharaoh was jolted away by a dangerous aurora. He was confused as to why she was leaving the palace at this time of night but he noticed something that took his attention away from Aadila. Mahad's tablet shrine was activated which only meant that Mahad was in a duel! The Pharaoh made his way into the shrine and noticed Mana standing at the top of the stairs, looking at all the monsters. 

"Mana? Why have you come to Mahad's tablet shrine?"

"I know it sounds weird, but I had this really bad dream that Master Mahad was in trouble and needed my help! He was struggling Pharaoh, and I could swear that he was calling my name. I wasn't sure what else to do but I thought 'maybe if I came here I could help him' or something."

"I believe I had the same dream!"

"Look! It's Mahad's illusion magician!" The tablet was glowing brightly, making it very noticeable. 

"He must have called it into battle!"

"Oh no! It lives inside Mahad's soul! If he loses then my master can't exist in this world!" Suddenly the tablet began to start cracking. "We have to save him!"

"Yes, but how!?" After all, they had no idea where he was so how were they supposed to know! They decided to ride into the desert toward the tomb and met up with Aadila.

"Your Highness! Mana! What are you doing out here?!"

"We could be asking you the same thing." The Pharaoh said. 

"I'm looking for Mahad. He should have returned by now. Something is very wrong."

"Yes. His Illusion Magician is in battle right now."

"We don't have time for this! Where could he be!?" Mana interrupted. They continued on toward the tomb and until they were stopped by a beam of light in the distance, away from the tomb. 

"Tell me, I seem to have forgotten." The Pharaoh began, "What lies beyond those hills?"

"It's the spell casters training grounds. That's so weird! Why would Mahad had gone there!?" Mana said.

Aadila knew too well why. That was were he hid some of his power, so if he was fighting, it would only be logical that he go there. The two horses charged toward the training grounds, all three of them hoping they were not too late. They were in sight of the tomb and saw Bakura's men fighting with the soldiers that Mahad had taken with him. Aadila fell back, knowing another way into the tomb while the Pharaoh charged right into the crowd. Going to the back of the tomb, Aadila was shocked to find that the entrance she had used as a child was no longer there! Someone must had found it some time ago and blocked it. With no where else to go, Aadila made her way back to the front of the tomb, to find Onzu flying back toward the palace and the Pharaoh charging back into the crowd of the henchmen.