Chapter 2 - When Dark Meets Light.

HARRY

Her screams and whimpers are the last thing I hear before I sit up in my bed, shaking and drenched in my own sweat. It has been five times now that I have had that nightmare. Five times that the same thing keeps happening in my dreams over and over again. Five times I have watched the life leave her eyes.

My breathing is uneven and heavy as I drag the white sheets off my body and to the other side of the bed. I get up, my eyes on the wardrobe. I stalk over and open it before grabbing a few articles of clothing.

I stumble around my room during the procedure of getting dressed. "Breakfast time with father, yay.." I mutter to myself and leave the bedroom.

My hallway is buzzing with life from the staff and I smile a little at the sight of the new maid, Annabelle. Her eyes are full of excitement when she smiles at me before scurrying off to work. I chuckle, pushing my hand through my thick hair before strolling to the staircase.

"Morning Julia," I cheekily slap Julia, the head maid on the bum. Julia gasps and grabs herself before turning around and scowling at me. I laugh and rush down the stairs.

"Get back here boy!" Julia bellows as she hurries down the staircase after me, waving her feather duster around in the air crazily.

It's when I step into the dining room that I realise how much I despise mornings with my father. I sit down at the end of the table, opposite him and slowly pick up a slice of toast.

"Morning son." He speaks with his mouth full. I roll my eyes and take a slice of toast. "Heard from your brother recently?"

"No father."

"He's found himself a girlfriend,"

"Edward, a girlfriend? My.." I make myself sound that half bit interested.

"Oh yes."

"Immortal? Vampire? What is she?" I question.

"Not sure." He looks at me from over the top of his newspaper. "What is wrong, boy? You don't look to pleased for your twin."

"Honestly.. I don't really care." I shrug. "Excuse me." I say, and grab another slice of toast before downing the rest of my orange juice. As I head to the door, my eyes land on the portrait of my mother. I glance at my father, who has diverted his attention his paper again. I leave.

I then begin to run. My lungs start to burn with the lack of oxygen but wow how I love the feeling. I shove through everyone until I burst through the large front doors and onto the wide gravel driveway. My vision blurs slightly as tears brim my eyes from the impact of the howling wind smacking my face, but I continue with my run.

The woods I have grown very familiar with seem to magnify with each speedy stride of my run. Minutes fly past, and I am already standing at the edge of the forest. The trees tower over me, and as I peer in, I see the beauty that the forest holds. I walk in.

Sunlight pours through the stretching branches of the towering trees from above me, casting beautifully shaped shadows on the forest floor. I smile a little, letting the pine scent of the trees around me burn my nostrils. But I find my mind setting itself on one place where I haven't been for years.

I find my feet taking me down their own winded path and I can see it, not too far away from my current position.

Standing proudly from the ground, sprouts a willow tree. It's crooked and spiraled trunk gives it a look of pure magic and fairytales. My eyes lock on the beautiful tree as I walk closer and closer.

Finally, I reach the tree. I walk through, under its draping leaves and I frown as so many memories come flooding back, as if they were held within the willow tree, its drooping branches and leaves acting as a barricade, blocking the exit for all memories, good, and the bad.