Chapter 6 - Unusual Discovery

HARRY

The whole way through the next morning I was terribly anxious. My mind was clouded with the images of being caught out during the misson, and killed on the spot. It had happened before, but I had slipped away in time.

My mouth is dry as I walk down the hallway, through the sleeping chambers. I make my way to Tobias' room to make sure he knows about tonight. Tobias is a close friend of mine. My best friend to be more specific. My boots padder on the floor.

I knock on the door, and listen to him rustle around before it eventually opens. "Yes I heard." He chuckles. "Come on in."

He steps aside, and I slip through into his room. We took Tobias in about ten years ago when I was just a boy, before I met Angel. He was alone, a young, orphaned vampire. Tobias is only a year younger, although he acts like he is much older sometimes.

"So," I say. "You excited?"

"For a suicide misson?" Tobias looks at me. "Oh yeah, of course."

I chuckle at his sarcasm and sit on his messed bed. "No offense Harry, but your father is going cuckoo."

"Oh yes, I know."

"I mean, why couldn't he have just sent Eddie in? Edward is perfectly capable of sneaking in himself, and writing the warnings." Tobias groans in annoyment and I shrug, not really knowing what to say. "I don't even know why I have to go!"

"Well, you have been on every other mission with me, maybe that's why."

"Yeah but I begged all those times because the missions were so good. Now it is a shitty one I have to go on, and probably won't come back from."

"Enough complaining," I finally stand up. "And let's actually do it."

-

The air is cold as Edward, Tobias and I follow our way around the hedge until we reach a massive set of black gates. Edward merges into some maid and presses the buzzer.

"Name?" Someone says through the intercom.

"Um," Edward's female voice squeaks, "Rosaline,"

"Occupation?"

"M-Maid." He stutters and I mentally facepalm.

A drone like buzz sounds from the small speakers of the intercom, and the gates slowly open. We saunter through, Tobias and I try to hide as well as possible.

"Alright," I whisper. "You know the plan, Ed. Tobias, this way."

Edward cuts from the group, and wanders through the front doors of the manor while Tobias and I speed around to the back. My heart is thumping in my chest, and an uneasy feeling begins to tingle in my body.

Tobias picks at a lock skillfully, and we slip through, into the house. The hallway is dark. Light slithers through the panes in a few windows. Muffled voices are heard from the other side of the hallway. I cut my path, and take a left, down another hallway.

Tobias and I separate as he finds his own way around the maze-like house. My hands grow sweaty as my anxiety levels rise with each passing second. How is Eddie doing?

The sound of shoes squeaking on the marbled floor alerts me. I suddenly leap behind me as some maids stroll by. Sighing as they disappear around the corner, I emerge again, and look around.

Twelve doors are on either side of the dark hallway from what I can see. None have light slipping through the openings at the bottom. I am safe.

Breathing steadily, I begin to jog through the dark section of corridors. Thanks to many years of practicing, I am quiet, stealthy.

In front of me now is a butler by the look of what he is wearing. His hair is fair, like Tobias'. I quickly react and make a clean kick to his leg once I am close enough. The man falls, letting out a small yelp of pain before I slam my hand to his mouth.

My free hand pushes his face to the side, so the side of his neck is completely bare to me. His veins bulge from tension, and I quickly take my chance, and sink my fangs into his soft skin. I moan as the sweet, crimson liquid touches my lips and tongue. But I stop. The hand that covers his mouth is shortly taken off. I look at his chest, which is no longer rising or falling, and smirk.

Blood trickles between my fingers as I press my hand against the gash in his neck. I let my hand sit for a few seconds, before pressing it to a wall, and I begin to smear a message on it. Just something simple.

"We are coming."

I continue to do it a few times before finally deciding to drag the man's limp corpse into a room.

As I slouch him against the crisp white sheets that droop over the side of some mattress, I blow a curl from my face before closing the door behind me. I turn on the light.

The room is simple, but beautiful. A girl's room. Pictures are scattered over the walls, and are in frames, placed on drawers and bedside tables. Then, my attention diverts to the wardrobe for some reason. I saunter over, and open it.

Dresses upon dresses, short skirts upon short skirts, lace upon lace. I let my hands play with the hems of eye candy clothes. I smile as I spot a pair of cat ears shoved into the back of the wardrobe on some shelf, I take them out and look at them.

White, and fluffy. Cute.

I place them back into the wardrobe and close it, before backing away. I look at the dead butler, and lick my lips. In speed, I lay the man down, and rip open his neck again, before drinking every last drop of scarlet blood.

My mind has been set on the bare wall ever since I have stepped into this room, and without knowing my actions, I began to write on it.

My bloody fingertips dragged along the painted wall, and crimson dropped to the floor from time to time. The feeling of the paint, and the blood underneath my fingers felt good.

I stepped back, and let out a sigh, running my bloody hands through my hair, I read what I wrote.

"Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself."

At that moment, I remember my mother saying those exact words, and my lips break into a smile.

Before sitting back on the bed, I think to myself. Will I ever be loved? Will the darkness I have grown in, be slain by the light? Would that be a good thing, or bad? Can I love?

Do I even have the worthiness of love?

No.

I do not.

I lay back, and let the sheets suck me in. I close my eyes, and listen to my gentle breathing. But then I remember that I am not here in the manor for a beauty sleep, but for a mission, and I quickly get up.

But, I am stopped halfway across the threshold as the bedroom door opens, and slips in a girl with chocolate hair, and a broken smile.

My Angel.

-

Cowritten by HaroldTwerkingStyles