Prolouge

8 YEARS BEFORE

WHEN SHE WAS LITTLE EMMY DAVIS was a creative kid, bubbly and full of life like a kid should be.

She was always in her own little word of princesses and Prince Charmings with blonde hair and blue eyes, with unicorns and talking animals. That was her happy place, it was like dress up, her favorite game to play with her mama.

Then before she could even live a little more of her innocent life reality came and payed her a visit, raising chaos in her happy childhood.

She started realizing how life worked, it was full of predators and prays. If you were the strongest (the predator) you lived but if you were the weakest (the pray) you died, and the strongest benefited because of that. But if you were the pray and you weren't already dead than you had to run to escape the predator hunting you down.

And that's what she was obligated to do, what they both were obligated to do.

Till they both had to become the predators outside but the prays inside to survive without running.

~~~

As she looks behind her while running on the sidewalk she trips on a rock on the ground and falls forward, her knees scream at her as she scrapes them on the rocky dirty ground.

She lets out a soft whimper, one unshed tear, runs down her face, but she wipes it before any of the others could join it. She walks inside a dark pathway and settles down on the ground in the dark hallway she found. She looks down at her scraped knees, blood smearing the top and a layer of bare tissue showing already.

She wipes under her nose with the sleeve of her shirt and she touches the visible open tissue. She lets out a hiss, a drop of blood on her thumb that she cleans on her dirty shirt. The burning pain of her scraped knees feels better than the words mixing in her head, calling her names she as memorized from how many times she as heard them in a year.

She closes her eyes as the deep voices get louder in her head at the silence of the night. She stares up at the sky that is covered by a rusty roof that look seconds away from falling and she covers her ears, sniffing as the words echo in her mind.

You're worthless

You deserve her death

You useless brat

You deserve to die

She covers her face with the knees but not with scraped part and with her hands she grips a handful of her hair and tugs tuffs of it. She closes her eyes at the pain but it feels so much better then the words.

Physical is better than mental.

She lets go of the strands, looking around to see if he as found her and she lets out a silent sob, at the shadowed hallway around her. She curls into a ball on the ground, trying to pretend that she isn't there, hating the dark.

Her head makes contact with the rocky ground full of cigarette buds but that's the last thing on her mind.

She tries to imagine an happier place as she touches her necklace she gifted to her, closing her eyes. But as she tries the only thing she can see is the dark of her closed eyelids it's like her childhood ended, her dreams with that and the only thing she can see is dark and shadowed. She covers her eyes with her hands, bouncing her feet on the ground, trying to calm her racing heart.