Chapter 8

—HE STARED DOWN AT ME with red-rimmed eyes, unbothered as ever, and as I calm myself from my previous scare of seeing him at my front door I remember the text my manager sent me before

It said that Elias was gonna come over to prepare for tonight's interview. But I responded by saying that there was no need, and I thought she got the hint that I didn't want him showing up at my house, but she obviously didn't listen to me.

Fuck.

A rough and fake cough wakes me up from my thoughts and I look back at him, his face morphed into an annoyed expression as always when talking to me.

Don't worry I feel the same way buddy.

"You gonna let me in?" He questions like I have to let him in.

"Sorry, but I don't let strangers in my house" As I say that he looks seconds away from shouldering his way inside my house.

"I don't have time for this, just let me in and we'll get this over with" I cross my arms over my chest.

"If you have somewhere to be then you can leave. I already told my manager that I got the interview under wraps. I don't need any help." I whisper the last part under my breath since I really don't need him screaming at me.

"Too bad, I came all the way here for this" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"I didn't tell you to" He rolls his eyes.

"Stop being a bitch and open the door wider" I scoff, placing a hand behind the door ready to close at his stupid face.

"Just a tip, if you want to enter someone's house don't call the owner a bitch." I roll my eyes, internally. "Thank you for coming all this way, but as I said before I have it figured out." I try closing the door but he stops it with his booted foot.

I suppress a groan "yes?" I question, for some reason his eyes look me up and down with a weird gleam shining in his dark eyes, and they stop longer than needed at my legs I try to not think any of it. But as I get immersed in my thought again I feel a weird lump in my chest.

Is he able to see my scars?

Why is he looking at me?

Please stop, looking at me I wanna tell him. But I just take a deep settled breathe that he seems to notice even if I try to now show it, but it does the trick and he looks back at me, ignoring my sigh with his annoying expression back on his face.