Chapter 6

—THE SILENCE THAT IS LEFT after that is loud

—THE SILENCE THAT IS LEFT after that is loud. No one said anything as the publisher and manager of Elias walked towards the elevator and went downstairs.

The only they said said is that they'll try to change his mind and calm him down while leave us some privacy to discuss this.

I turn my head to the two women's faces I have seen since I was seventeen. I raise an eyebrow at them.

The first one to speak up is my publisher aka the nice one of the two.

"I know we should have told you before but this is a big opportunity" Her voices echoes through the room and I make a face.

"You should have talked to me about it before. As you said before this is big. We are talking about a tour and me having to fake date someone for publicity. This is not something you announce before confronting me about it first. This is my career in the first place, just to remind you" I let my voice be clear and she nods in understanding.

"We know you would have never agreed" I gave them a look that says obviously I wouldn't.

"I'm not ready I told you on the phone a week ago when you brought it up" I make a point, standing up from my chair, wanting to pace this is making me giddy and not in a good way.

"You are, you have been working on it for six months your voice is back to normal and stronger" I give them a glare from the corner of my eyes.

"You gotta be kidding me, the doctor told me I was fine to sing but this is a tour, lasting four months my voice is not strong enough for that, not now at least" I tell them.

"We decided to take a doctor with us on the tour just to make sure and we are not gonna force you too much" my manager steps in.

I rub the space between my eyebrows "This is an horrible idea what if something happen and I can't sing again, mhm? What if i can't sing on tour and you're gonna lose all that money to give it back to people? What about then?" They look at each other, knowing looks passing between one another.

"You're thinking about it too much, you just have to trust us. You know we wouldn't spend money if we weren't sure about this" I nod at them.

"Someone as to think about it and you are forcing me to having to pass time with someone who just burned newspapers into a fire when mad" I sit back in my chair.

"He is a little short tempered and we expected it, they told us how he is. You have seen the newspaper" I roll my eyes at the 'little'.

"This could ruin my career" I tell them. "Why are you doing this?"

"No new songs are coming out from you and everyone is getting bored of the same excuses. We need something to spark back their interest this is is. Everyone loves a good love story between singers and a tour. If you have no intention of writing songs right now than put on your big girl pants and get through this" My eyes widen at the word love that comes out of my manger mouth.