The Lake House

Prologue

The look in his eyes was impossible to decipher. And his face was one of stone. I thought that maybe he was mad at me for some reason, and my stomach dropped. What could I have done? I thought we had grown closer this trip if anything.

"Noah? Is there something wrong? " at first his face softens slightly but almost immediately goes stony again.

"Yes Piper! God Yes! I can't stand this anymore! You are driving me insane!!!"

"W-I-what?" My breathing turned shaky and I felt my heart constrict.I don't know what I would do if he never wanted to talk to me again. Our friendship was one I depended on, and even if he didn't want anything more than to be friends, I would be fine, but I don't know what I would do if he suddenly hated me and yet I don't know why he would, unless one of the girls said something. What did he mean? At my confusion his expression dramatically changes to the funny, lovable, flirty Noah I know.

"No, Piper not like that, amd with that he took my free hand in his large ones and leaned in closer. My breath hitched and Charlottes screams and Danielle's angry shouts turned to silence, all I could hear was the beating of my heart and our quiet breathing. His milk chocolate eyes flickered to my lips momentarily then back to my green ones as if asking for permission, and I nodded imperceptibly as he leaned closer, licking his lips.

"Piper, Noah? Where are you guys?" Tyler, in this moment I might hate him more than Danielle does. Noah pulled away and just held one of my hands in his.

"We're over here Ty. We'll be out in a few." We started walking towards the house again and when we came to the edge of the forest he turned to me with a mischievous look in his eyes.

"Tag! Your it Pipecleaner!!!!!!" And with that he ran off laughing. I shook my head with a giggle and chased after him. I guess I'll just have go wait to find out what he wanted to tell me.

A/N So this is my new story. Um, please please vote and comment, this is based on a daydream I had actually. But the first chapter should be up soon!! Love you all!!! And sorry it's so short...