THE ORIENTAL TEA-ROOM

-PERFORMANCE TWO-

MIST IN THE WILLOWS

Amongst the willow and the stream,

A small glimpse, or a vague dream.

To a safe habour, a familiar place,

I rushed unknowingly from the ever-awaiting pain.

Its that familiar forest,

Embracing the unknown mist and all in vain.

Seems I once again stopped by,

Amongst his willows and his mist.

And once again that smile perhaps flashed by my face,

When the familiar silhouette, I didn't miss.

Flowing mist led me to him,

Whilst life seemed a sorrowful sin.

Longing for a silhouette, even only a glimpse.

Indulged in his flute, he dispersed in

Somewhere among the willows, vanishing with the wind.

I discern the ever so gentle wind,

Brushing past from within the flute;

That familiar ringing echo in the wind,

The sound enchanting a saddening hue.

That bright jade bamboo flute,

His flowing silhouette seemed so true.

I'll be sitting by his magpie bridge,

Amidst the willows, waiting for his mist.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luna Ro.♡

P.S

I was sleeping one afternoon, which was rare at that time, when I was 12. I dreamt often back then and needless to say that I had a dream.

There was this person in a sea-green-turquoise-green robe that flew in the wind. He had long black hair, half tied up with a traditional eastern Asian long hairpin, like in those wuxia manhuas. From the size of his back- it seemed he was a man.

He was sauntering through what seemed to be a willow forest because his back was often being covered by flowing strings of leaves.

He kept walking and walking and walking. And then halted.

He brought a shiny jade-emerald green flute up to his lips, and started playing. 

I couldn't hear a thing, yet it seemed as if I heard everything and even knew the sound by heart.

He played for quite a long time and eventually the music softened, the wind slowed down and so did the swaying willows.

And when he just turned around, I saw one faint smile. But never his face. Why?

For I had woken up. And at the very moment when he was just turning around because I was so excited to see who this was.

I think it was a lucid dream. Because I knew I was dreaming and I followed him because I wanted to see what would happen ahead.

That image has been branded into my head since.

Though I think its more precious exactly because of that very reason.

Hence I wrote a poem because why not?

I've modified the story a bit.

Its in the next part. Take care!