Chapter 11: Big sad :(

Where...is he?

I left him in the nest, I swore I did.....why would he leave? Why would he WANT to leave???

I tried calling out his name, but my voice isn't what it used to be...it's so annoyingly raspy...a human could barely hear it even from a few feet away.

...He's probably okay, though. He most likely went to the waterfall by himself, but even if that's the case....
I really need to warn him about the dangers of the cave.

My human has already been through enough, I don't need him drowning or anything stupid like that...

————————————————————————
"Chester...?" I chirped out, searching around the water source for any sign of him, maybe even a scent?

Gah...no, there's nothing....it's almost like he disappeared out of thin air, not even leaving a single speck of dust behind.

He still has plenty of wounds that needed patched up...there's no way he could possibly run, right?

"Ccchheesstterr?" I whistled, attempting to call him over like he was some kind of trained dog. My human sometimes looked like a mutt, with frizzy, messy hair....I found that cute, though. He's cute, I like him.

Now if only I could find him...

————————————————————————
Aha!
I'm pretty sure I saw him sneaking back into the nest while I was walking back. That strange human thinks he's so sneaky...it's adorable!~

"Chester..." I whispered into the cave, approaching the nest.

I was a bit surprised when I didn't see him poking his head up to greet me...like he usually does when I return....

He must be tired. Human's probably don't have as much stamina as wendigo's do. That's fine, I shall teach him how to grow stronger one day.

"Chesterrr..." I chirped once more, grabbing onto the side of the nest to pull my body up, hurdling it over and in.

As I was still on my back, a strong aroma smacked my senses. It smelled like...human blood? Human meat?

Sometimes my human smells nice, but never...like this...not this strong.

"Che...ster?"
Looking up, I realized that I wasn't the only wendigo in the nest....

In the center of the nest laid Chester, but he wasn't...okay. My human was no more, for his limbs were scattered across the nest, intestines exposed for all to see.

A wendigo was eating Chester.
My human.
My...human.

My.....human.

Mine. He's mine. Not theirs. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine.
How dare they cut him open like that how dare they take him away from me he's mine he's mine he's mine he's mine he's mine not theirs he's mine mine mine MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINE

I didn't realize that I was tearing into the wendigo, nor did I care. They deserve it. They took away my human. They deserve death. Death is punishment. The only right punishment.

Their screeching was music to my ears as they pleaded for mercy. I didn't care. They deserve death. Death is punishment. Death is punishment. Death is punishment.

I ripped their head clean off because death is punishment. I threw their limp body off the ledge because death is punishment. DEATH. DEATH . DEATH. DEATH. DEATH. DEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

"SCREE!" I yelped, throwing my body back from where I was laying.

Nest. I was in the nest. Okay. Where is...
Oh!

In front of me was Chester, who was curled up in a ball, sleeping soundly. He was okay, he was not being eaten, he was not dead.

My human was still mine.

Carefully, I snuggled in close, pulling his sleeping body to my chest. It's nice to finally have someone next to me. Sleeping in the nest alone was getting to be a tad too lonely for me, I was almost considering moving in with someone!

I'm glad I have a human with me now. I don't feel so alone anymore. Though, he did get a little snappy with me earlier....he may be living with me, but he should also realize who really  is in charge around here.

I will teach him later, but as for now...I need to let him sleep.
He'll be mad at me for not sleeping, which is a bit annoying. Wendigo's do not need as much sleep as a human needs...but...

Whatever makes him happy, I will do.

For him.