Chapter 34 'A few months later.. '

Chapter 34 a few months later..

A few months later...

From the moment I woke up a few months ago , I cried , cried and cried my heart out , pain crushing even after the sleeping medicine.

Nurses filled in and out trough the rest of the night , they brought me food,water and medicines , but I wouldn't take any of it , one of them even siad they would make me a tube in my stomach to eat and drink , but i didn't respond.

In fact I didn't respond to anyone..

The doctor came during daytime after Peeta left , telling me about my injuries, but nothing was compared to the pain that stung in my heart..

My mom and dad tried calling me but I refused to answer , the nurse who brought the phone gave me a sad smile before leaving.

Suddenly , I heard the door open , I didn't bother to look over.

"Katniss , honey ... " gasped Annie.

She sat down on my hospitalbed and took my hands .

"I heard what happened..."she tried but I just ignored her , she looked behind her and gave me a sad smile , the smile everyone gives me..

"Finn is here too , he's coming any minute " she started and Finnick came in with his phone in his hands.

"Finn " she warned

"It aren't her parents ... it's Peeta " he said , this made me look up.

"Kat , do you want to talk to him ? " she asked and I shaked my head , I'm not ready..

"Peeta , she doesn't want to talk to you "said Finnick.

I sighed , no I had to do this.

"Let me talk to him "I croaked out and Annie gave me a nod .

They left the room after giving me the phone.

I held it to my ear and listened .

"Katniss? " I heard a broken voice.

"Yeah..." I said trying hard not to cry.

"Katniss , I need you to move on from me , Okay?

We're not healthy for each other , you need to find someone who makes you wanna do better in your life.

Not me , I pull you back , Promise me you're gonna move on ... " He sighed and I could image him with a sad look on his face.

I didn't know what to do so I jult stayed silent.

"Katniss? "

I don't want to do this ,

I don't want to let go ,

I don't want him to leave...

"Katniss , promise me.. " He said half sobbing like he was almost crying..

"I...I - "

"Promise "

"But I love y..you "I whispered crying.

"I love you more "

With that he hung up , leaving Finnick's phone in my hand.

I put my hands in my face , this couldn't be real , he said he was gonna stay with me .... always...

Present time

A knock on my door shakes me out of my thoughts repeating the past few months.

My mom walks into my room .

"Katniss , why are you acting like this ? " she asks.

"Why did you tell Peeta to leave me "I question , venom drippring from every word.

"I don't understand why you're acting like this "she huffs placing her hands on her hips.

"DO YOU REMEMBER HOW YOU ACTED WHEN DAD DIED?!

YOU LOCKED YOURSELF UP AND LEFT YOUR CHILDREN ALONE LETTING THEM STARVE TO DEATH !! "I shout at her , tears burning in my eyes.

She fixes her sharp blue eyes into a glare.

"If I wouldn't sent that boy away you would probaly end up just like me! "

"What did you say to scare him away , huh ?! "I said.

"Do you really want to know?! " she shouts.

"I told him , I would go to the police and take him to jail for hurting you ! "she shouts with no emotion , just like she broke my heart.

"You , what? "I whisper in disbelieve

"I did you a favor "she glares.

"Get out "I hiss.

"Exuse me , this is my house , and I'm your mother!"she scowls.

"I don't care "I say dryly.

She gives me one last glare before leaving the room .

As soon as she was gone I break down into sobs ...

~

~

~

~

My mom has stayed away , which I was really thankful for.

Prim would come everyday after school to tell how everything went and how things are going.

I even started to forgive Plutarch for taking my father's place , especially because I found out he had nothing to do with my mom's decision , he even stood up for me.

"Katniss? can I come in? " asks Plutarch .

"Yeah "

He shut the door and sat down beside me.

"You have some visitors"

I nod and he lets Finnick in , I'm glad I didn't get my hopes up thinking it was Peeta.

Who am I kidding?

I really thought it was him...

"What do you have for me this time? " I ask.

"You have to come with me .."

I give him a 'are you stupid? ' look and he rolls his eyes.

"Your boyfriend isn't gonna be too happy about this" says Finnick.

"Boyfriend? I don't even have one! " I protest , confused about what's going on.

Before I could react I'm slunged over Finnick shoulder.

"FINNICK ODAIR IF YOU DON'T LET ME GO IN 5 SECONDS YOU HAVE A BIG PROBLEM! " I yell slamming on his back but he just huffs and walks ahead.

"1.......2"I warn.

"3...4 ....... 5"I say.

"Kat just shut up you'll thank me for this later " he scowls.

He sets me down on the floor and I look up .

There he was standing , right in front of me...

A whole bunch of different emotions run trough me while I stare at me.

The first instinct I have is the urge to kiss him , but I obviously don't.

I did the completely opposite , I slapped him..

Finnick laughs his head off and Peeta just stands there shocked.

I glare at both of them before Peeta laughs .......

Hi , so what do you think what's going to happen ? , COMMENT.

After all your nice comments a few chapter ago I actually had the urge to write and now I am blaming myself for the ALMOST end of this book ...

Lots of Love , Deem