003

Two years had passed, and on the morning of the long-anticipated day, the princess lay in a large bed, her hair a tangled mess and drool on the pillow.

"My lady, it's time for you to get up," a voice called out loudly enough to echo through the castle.I groaned, turning away from the intrusion as I heard my trusty maid, Maria, opening the red curtains adorned with gold patterns.

"Five more minutes," I muttered, pulling the pillow over my head in a feeble attempt to block out the light.

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you do that," Maria said firmly. "It's your coronation day, and Prince Andrew is arriving today. Also, you wouldn't want your breakfast to get cold."

Reluctantly, I sat up as she handed me a chalice filled with water. "Thank you, Maria," I said, taking a long sip to wake myself up.

"I'll go prepare your bath," she said, curtsying before walking into the bathroom.

I let out a deep sigh, taking a moment to gather my thoughts. The weight of the day ahead was beginning to sink in. "Come on, Y/N, you can do this," I said to myself, trying to muster up the motivation I needed for the big day.

With a final glance around the room, I pushed aside the remnants of sleep and prepared myself for the responsibilities and ceremonies that awaited. Today was a milestone, and despite the nerves, I was determined to face it with grace and strength.

After Maria helped me into the bath and dressed me in the stunning gown that belonged to my mother, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed by the beauty of it. The gown, worn by my mother on her coronation day, seemed to shimmer with memories and legacy.

"Oh, Maria, it's absolutely beautiful," I said, a tear slipping down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away before she could see, not wanting to show my vulnerability.

Maria's eyes softened as she spoke. "If your father and mother were here, they would be absolutely proud of you and astonished at how you've become such a great young woman."She gave me a tight hug, her warmth and kindness providing a small comfort. After a moment, she walked out the door, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

As I looked at myself in the mirror, the reflection of the gown and the weight of the day ahead seemed almost surreal. I touched the fabric lightly, feeling a deep sense of connection to my past.

A wave of longing washed over me, and my thoughts turned to Elson. I whispered softly to the empty room, "I miss you, Elson."

The memories of our time together, the support we had shared, and the unspoken promises we had made felt like a distant yet cherished part of my heart. As I prepared to step into this new chapter of my life, the absence of those I loved and the people who had been so significant to me was a bittersweet reminder of the journey that had brought me here.

Y/n Coronation Dress