Chapter 70

T/W: small character death

Seventy
____________

Amara had been living in the hospital wing for the past month. She never left unless she had to.

At first, Madame Pomfrey sent her away every night but she always returned.

In the end, the only thing Madame Pomfrey wanted was for Draco to get well soon and the most important thing was rest and she thought that sleeping alone would be better for him. However, after unsuccessfully sending her away, Madame Pomfrey allowed her to stay.

The elderly woman smiled and shook her head, every time she saw them squeezed into a bed that wasn't big enough for the blonde alone yet they managed to fit in it somehow.  Amara always laid half on top of him, carefully not to touch any scar.

"Mister Malfoy- I see Miss Nott is here as well... as always," Madame Pomfrey pressed her lips in a tight smile.

"I'm sorry," Amara mumbled, who sat on the edge of Draco's bed and held his hand.

"Well, I'm pleased to tell you that you can go,"

"Sure?" Amara frowned. She memorised every scar, traced her finger over every single one before she fell asleep and wanted to be sure that everything was fine even though she knew he was better.

He looked healthier with more life in his eyes and a little more colour on his face. Amara noticed it even though his skin always held a fair colour.

"Yes of course I'm sure dear," Madame Pomfrey pursed her lips, "You are free to go, Mister Malfoy,"

At last, someone heard his prayer. As much as he loved to be with Amara every day and every night — he had to do one final test with the vanishing cabinet to ensure it worked properly and no one dies using it.

The school year was almost over — there wasn't much time left for Malfoy to finish.

However, the good sleep everyone expected him to have when he returned to his dorm, didn't come to him. Instead, he laid awake, staring holes into the dark ceiling while Amara's head was buried in his chest and the warm, slow breathing of hers caressed his bare skin.

His lips brushed against her hair inhaling the scent of apples he so loved. He pressed his lips into her skull before he slowly lifted her off his chest.

A sleepy mumble came from her throat.

"I have a headache..," he whispered, his lips brushing her ear, "Don't worry, I'm going to get some medicine and be right back,"

She hummed in response, feeling his lips pecking her forehead before the mattress lifted and the floorboards creaked under his heavy steps making it possible to trace his steps in the room until everything was silent again.

Draco tried to make it quick. With long and quick strides he hurried up to the Room of Requirement — a bird in his hand.

He had to have one more successful trial before he could risk any human using the cabinet.

After Amara gave him the parchment with the spell to repair the cabinet he worked on it whenever he could. He didn't want to involve her, he really didn't but he knew if he told her she would look into it herself and find a solution quicker than he would.

However, after Christmas, after Voldemort tortured him he wished he never told her. When he saw her sitting in her home library buried behind books he knew.

Draco didn't want to risk acting suspicious again so he went there when Amara was distracted with homework or her girlfriends.

He never thought that her whole reunion with Parkinson could come in handy but it did. Pansy and Daphne kept her so occupied with their own problems and needs that Amara barely had time to worry about Malfoy, not even noticing how he constantly disappeared.