Ex-husbands and girlfriends

Ellie’s PoV

Ellie’s PoV

I need to go to Jack now! If I don’t go, I don’t know if I would make it anywhere else without collapsing. I can’t take it anymore! That was too much! Too much pain. I arrive at Jack’s office. I hope she is still here. I hid to long. But I can’t stand him! I need to talk to her now. I knock on the door. “Come in. It’s open”, I hear Jack say. I open the door and see Jack, talking with Nick. That is too much for me! I start crying. Nick is not allowed to see me cry! I rush outside Jack’s office and slam the door. I’ll explain it later to her. But first, I need to hide. Again. I rush down the floor and back in the office. Shit! Gibbs is still here! I start running to the girl’s room. I hope he didn’t see me. Or at least he thought that it was just girls stuff.

Jack’s PoV

What was that? Ellie opened the door. She turned pale and started to cry. “Nick, what was that?”, I ask Nick, who was here to talk to me. “Nothing”, says Nick and walks out of my office. Something is between Nick and Ellie and it’s not something good. I go to my desk and open a drawer. Good! I have enough chocolate left. I grab some chocolate bars and leave my office to find Ellie. I wonder what happened between Ellie and Nick. I arrive at the office and see Gibbs sitting at his desk. Suddenly I have a feeling where Ellie might be and I go to the girl’s room. I open the door and finally find Ellie, sitting under one of the washbowls. She holds her head in her hands and is shaking, because she cries. I walk in and close the door. “Hey, Ellie. Will you tell me what’s wrong?”, I ask carefully. She doesn’t answer, so I sit down next to her.

Ellie’s PoV

The door opens, but I don’t look. I don’t care who came in. I just hope she doesn’t stay long. I want to be alone. The person comes in and closes the door. I hear her say something, but I don’t understand what. But now I know who came in. It’s Jack. She really came here, even after all what I did some minutes ago. But she talked with Nick, so I don’t know if I want to talk to her or not. Now she sits down next to me and lay her arm around me. For a short time I think about pushing it away, but I don’t do it. “Ellie, what happened today?”, she asks. I don’t really want to answer that question, but she’s my friend and I wanted to tell her some minutes ago. So why not now? Nobody else is in the girl's room, I checked it. I look up and try to wipe away the tears with my hand. “We had a case. But we had to work with the NSA, because we needed their help. The NSA-Agent was my ex-husband, Jake. I left him because he cheated on me”, I say.

Jack’s PoV

Poor Ellie. But I still don’t know about the thing with Nick. But it has to wait anyway. The problem with Jake might be bigger. So I ask her: “What happened during the case?” “He confronted me with it. He said that it was my fault. He said that it was my fault that he cheated on me! Because he wasn’t allowed to talk about his work anymore. But I didn’t care. He was the problem, because he didn’t want to talk to me anymore! And then he cheated on me with Taylor Matthews, After I found out, I left him. And now we have to work on a case together!”, explains Ellie and cries even harder. I just sit next to her and press her at me. She is shaking very hard. I also should have brought some water. “Did you solve the case?”, I ask, still holding her tight. “I don’t know. After he confronted me, I punched him in the face and ran away. I hid, after all what happened today with Jake and Nick. Do you know that Nick has a girlfriend?”, she answers with a bitter voice. “She’s not his girlfriend. She’s his ex-girlfriend. She still wants him, but he doesn’t want her anymore. He was in my office, because he has no idea how to tell his ex that he loves another woman. He also wanted to know how he should confess his love to this woman”, I say and explain with that why Nick was in my office. “But it was not only that she kissed him ore that he kissed her. Nick talked with Jake and they both liked it! They want to meet outside work!”, says Ellie and lays her head on my shoulder. I open one chocolate bar and give her one piece. She takes it hungrily and smiles a little. We sit the rest of the night in the girl’s room eating chocolate, without anyone noticing us.