Chapter 8

" What?"

" Springtrap you need to tell her," Harry said.

" And we had an agreement that you would stay quiet and not show her that recording!" Springtrap said.

" Springtrap, why did you come with her this time?" Harry asked.

" I was worried about her and I didn't want to be alone. Yesterday, I- I panicked and I almost hurt her," Springtrap said.

" Oh, can't say I'm surprised...." Springtrap heard Harry say.

" What am I going to do? I know I should tell her but I care about her, I can't lose her," Springtrap said.

" You know Dels told me about you, and how good of a friend you are to her..."

" Really?" Springtrap said

" Yeah," Harry replied while smiling.

Deliah came back into the room, " Hey I left something at my house, I'll be right back".

" Okay"

Harry looked back at Springtrap," I do have a question".

" What is it?"

" Why did you do the murders? What makes her so special?" Harry asked.

" Harry... She's not any more special than the others. I- I killed the kids because I wanted a family..." Springtrap said.

" WHA-?"

" When I was human I dealt with a lot of issues. My psychiatrist even told me I could be seriously dangerous. I wanted kids, but couldn't adopt because of it. And everyone always saw me as this creepy, gross man. I wanted a family, someone to look after and spend time with because most of the time I was so alone..."

Harry didn't say anything, he just let Springtrap continue talking.

" I tried to fill the void by working at Fazbears, as a costume character. It was so fun, all the kids running up to me and wanting to hug me instead of staying far away... One day a mechanism in one of the suits failed, and someone was crushed to death in their costume. They transferred me to the night shift, I deeply missed the children more than ever. I watched the suit the man had died in, it started to move. I swear it was alive... he was alive, trapped in there. So then I got my grand idea. If I killed the kids and put them in the suits I could make them stay with me, forever...."

" oh "

" But please believe me when I say I deeply regretted it the second it was over. I honestly really did. I couldn't sleep at night, I couldn't bear to look myself in the mirror-"

" Springtrap stop," Harry said.

" What?" Springtrap asked. He had started to cry.

" Look I think you change okay? And I can help you," He said.

" Really?!"

" But... You have to tell Deliah who you are before summer is over"

" Harry I can't!"

Harry crossed his arms and smiled.

" Fine, I'll try," Springtrap said.

Harry looked at the paused video game, " Come on, let's change the subject before Deliah gets back. You want to-".

" Hey, guys I'm back!" 

Springtrap hid his face. He didn't Deliah to see that he had been crying.