Chapter 27: Judging wrongly

She hoped down from her car locking the doors, she straightened her short pencil dress and made her way towards the elegant building of her father's company (soon to be hers). She walked with all confidence and in control, she kept nodding in response to the greetings of the workers.

"Angela send me the mails and all the important files now" she tells her assistant before entering her office.

Few minutes of her settling down on her chair, sipping her hot coffee. The assistance nervously entered with few files and kept them on the table. "Anything else?" Michelle  asked the very nervous young lady. She nodded sharply, gulped down while gathering her last courage.

"The... The... The... That uhm man... The..." She stuttered maybe the courage she gathered wasn't enough. Michelle got agitated at the young lady's stuttering and waste of her time.

"Angela will you quit stuttering and save me some time" she commands raising her voice a little bit. Maybe it's the hormones. The young lady nodded and took few deep breath before continuing

"That man that sends flower to you everyday is here to see you. I told him to go but he insisted". She said calmly. Michelle takes a sharp breath and thinks for a while " let the fool in" she ordered. The assistant nodded and left while doctor Japhet entered immediately.

"What do you want Japhet?" She asked not raising her head up. She pretends to be engrossed with the files in front of her.

"Mich I just need few minutes of your time for explanation please" he pleaded. She paused for a while before slowly raising her head to take a look at the man behind her predicament.

"Sit!" she ordered "you have just ten minutes" she declared and focused her attention back to her work. He sat gently with a little smile of hope.

"Thank you so much you don't know how...."

"I don't have time for chit chats Japhet go straight to the point and leave. Am a very busy woman and time conscious as well". She said cutting him off abruptly. Doctor Japhet gulped and  sighed in disappointment. This is not the Michelle he fell in love with, this Michelle is cruel, harsh and so determined. Maybe it's frustration, hurt or probably the pregnant hormones.

He shut his eyes before starting his explanation "I applied for a job at a medical institution in Canada three years ago and since then, they've never called or gave me any feedback, Ask Michael he's aware if it.

"How does this concern me Mr Japhet?" She asked already getting bored with his meaningless story. 'who knows he just made it up' she thought.

"Just listen first, Surprisingly and shockingly I got an email early in the morning of the day I took you back home around that kind 2 or 3am requesting that I appear physical at the institution before 4pm. I had to book the nearest flight to Canada. I was in a haste. I wasn't even thinking because this was like a life-long opportunity. If I had missed it, it would've cost me a lot.

I didn't even pack any bag, I just took my documents and a few cash. I left my phone at home switched off. I'm sorry if you thought I left you on purpose or something like that. I had no idea that you are or will be pregnant I swear. Please forgive me Mich please..." He held himself tight from letting the tears fall.

Michelle is already feeling defeated. She had judged wrongly. Who is she to even judge him or blame him. She does not even know him that well before sleeping with him. She doesn't even know anything about him. She is wrong this time. Japhet is not like the rest of them, Maybe not all men are the same. She will be considered a witch if she doesn't forgive him. Because he didn't do anything wrong.

He doesn't even know that she was pregnant before he left, they weren't even that too close or dating for him to call her and tell her. She was the one that even initiated the sex that night. She sighed. Atleast he came back...

"I... I'm I'm just dumbfounded, I don't know what to say. I didn't think about all these things I guess I just misjudged using my past experience. I should be the one saying sorry because it's not in anyway your fault. Am sorry..." She lowered her head in shame as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Japhet held her hands. You don't have to say anything or do anything okay. I love you Michelle Stephenson. I have always since the day you were rushed to the hospital". She paused. She could swear that her heart skipped three beats at a time (just exaggerating). This is not the first time a man had told her those words but this is the first time she's hearing it from a man with all sincerity.

She kept quiet doing a happy jump in her head "you don't have to say it back now. I understand it's sudden. Just give me time and I'll make you fall so deeply in love with me too..." He paused while she stared at him.

'she's already in love with him right?' she nodded at him as she bit her bottom lips "fuck! you drive me crazy". Japhet said as he turned round the table in a swift and reached her. He kissed her hungrily like her lips were his food which he's been deprived off for a very long time. Michelle kissed him back with same full emotion. She missed it also.

He broke the kiss to look at her face, strolling her cheeks with his fingers. "I missed you so much babe. You know it's crazy but while I was in Canada it took every inch of me not to come back. I was missing you so much it almost drove me crazy". He chuckled while Michelle blushed. He stared at her "I wish you will always smile and be happy like this. I'll make sure of that" he said before giving her another quick kiss.

He bent down and kissed her tommy, he looked up at her "it's a she". He announced. She laughed at his cockiness.

"Won't be sorry if you get disappointed" she said smiling.

"Oh no I won't am the father and I know what I planted". He said with a mischevious smirk causing Michelle to blush hard.

"I'll leave you to work since you're a very busy woman" he joked referring to her initial word. She laughed lightly

"oh please, ofcourse I am". She said proudly.

"We all know. I'll pick you up at 7 miss Michelle for our dinner date" he said with a wink.

"Are you asking or telling me?" She asked with a smile and a raised brow.

"Oh no sweetie, whatever that will make you happy, I don't ask before doing it" he then kissed her one last time before turning to leave.

"And uhm, you're moving out of that guy's house today. Well just after work you'll have to go straight to mine. I hate that Peter guy" he said as he turned to leave.

"It's Patrick not Peter" Michelle called out after him.

"Whatever no one cares about the name" he replied as he heads out.

Michelle smiled at his words while shaking her head. "He's such a baby" she commented before resuming her work blushing.