Ch.2: A touch of fear comes a long way

Previously in ch.1:

"Y/n why don't you go look in our room while i look in the bathroom and closet's?" Her mother said in a calm soft voice. Y/n nodded and walked down the hallway going to her parents room still shaking a little fear of finding the man that was in her house, but feared she might be loosing her mind as well.

Her mother checked the closet first and saw nothing but some shoes and an umbrella. Unknown to her the Boogeyman was standing just inches from her watching the woman With distaste for lack of fear. Exiting the closet a frown a plastered on his face as he felt the chill and crushing force of passing through someone that didn't believe in him, but it soon disappeared as he looked over to where he girl went her fear made him smirk in delight.

(Back to story Pitch pov)

I awoke from a sudden fear nearby. I smiled to myself it was the girl's and it steadily arose further as time passed, her fear's woke me up and made me feel so much better the pain in my body and leg steadily lessoned. I heard the girl yell for her parent's and speaking to them. Oh now she's afraid she's going crazy! All this fear i was getting from her made me hunger for more, it wasn't enough though to get my powers back, to satisfy me not yet anyway.

I stood up putting weight on my injured leg, their was significantly less pain her fear's were helping me heal faster it was only a matter of time and patience before i got my strength back enough to control the shadows again and making new nightmares. The door to the closet opened and i saw a woman looking inside i glared at her, she didn't have much fear and she didn't believe in me of course not adults are much harder to scare and make them see me then teens and children.

I walked through her as i clenched my jaw tightly in anger and distaste. I hated that feeling everytime someone passes through me like I'm not even their! I calmed myself and focused on the girls fear's i looked to my left she was in another room i smirked. perfect this is my chance to hide out in the girls room until she goes to bed tonight to give her nightmares. I'll even give nightmares to her parents as well as a little bonus.

I entered her room once again seeing she closed and locked her window. I'm glad her closet wasn't full otherwise it would be cramped without my shadows for assistance, i felt her fear ease as time passed on, moments later she came back into her room with the flashlight in hand looking at her lamp. I seen her ease up, her fear's disappearing more she twisted the lightbulb and let out a sigh of relief when she realized it was just loose.

But i still saw concern and unease in her, she went back to her computer and starting working on it again, i watched her for hour's it was already past 1am. I frowned to myself i had forgotten teens these days stay up much later then normal this might take a while but it seems i might not have to wait long she looks very tired. I saw her yawn and rub her eyes, she looked around the room wearily slight fear across her features but more so worry.

I watched as she got up from her bed and sat her computer back on the desk and plugged it in to be charged. She went to go turn off her lamb but she paused i sensed her fear. I smirked she fears what's in the dark what could be watching her, she left the light on and went to bed. I waiting a while to make sure she was completely asleep before i gave her a nightmare. I got up from sitting hearing a few satisfying pops from my sore muscles.

I exited the closed stretching a bit more being in that cramped closed in the same position for hours is very uncomfortable especially in my still weakened state. I'm going to dive deep into her worst fears tonight for making me go through this, i glared at her lamb i went over unscrewing it completely and setting the build somewhere else.

I'm glad i was still able to completely see in the dark with my powers gone like this, i got closer to her watching her chest fall and rise in a steady rhythm she was in a deep sleep. This would so much easier if I has some dream sand to turn into nightmares or my own nightmare sand. But i guess I'll have to do this the old fashioned way i hated this way it was tiring and takes to long, but the positive side of this method i can be in their dreams and manipulate them much more efficiently then with dream sand.