Chapter 21

(F/N) - father name

"Hello, Aunt Beidou!" you bowed down as you saw your aunt at the airport. You'd seen and talked to her once only when you were six, so this was your first time meeting her after that. You didn't remember much of your first meeting, but you hoped you hadn't been a bratty kid back then. You'd have to share a room with your cousin Ganyu, and Kazuha with Xiao. Beidou would take the singular guest room.  

Beidou had long chocolate brown hair that reached her waist, a red eye that resembled a jewel, and a prominent eyepatch on her other eye. Beside her was a boy, probably Xiao, short and black haired with wild green streaks in his hair, and stern golden eyes that made your hair stand on end. On her other side was a girl, probably Ganyu, taller than Xiao with beautiful pink eyes and long blue hair that ended just below her waist and framed both sides of her face in a way that was really cute.

"Y'all grown up, huh?" she put a hand around your shoulder and you nodded, shifting uncomfortably as she laughed and hugged you. Kazuha bowed as she threw a glance at him.

"And you're our (Y/N)'s boyfriend, huh? (F/N) told me. How're you takin' care of her, boy?" she smiled at Kazuha, who returned her smile politely.

"I believe I'm doing well." he kept his answer as brief as possible to be polite, something he always did so he wouldn't reveal too much of himself or be too rude to others he barely knew.

"I kinda like you. Well, as you already know, I'm Beidou. This is Xiao and thats Ganyu." she pointed at the other two. Xiao let something like a small huff out before shifting his gaze to the board of announcement; where the plane's arrival and departure times were written and charted out while Ganyu gave a polite nod and bow.

"We'll be stayin' at yours for a while, so don't mind us." Beidou laughed loudly once again, and you nodded. You felt your head throb as you glanced at the circular glass window that had been carved into the brick wall surrounding the airport reception room, and felt a wave of nostalgia hit you. Had you ever been here before? You didn't remember at all. Maybe when you were a kid.

"Time to go, (Y/N)." Kazuha tugged on your hand, and you nodded as you followed them into the taxi and led back home.

The scenery from the window was the same as always, but there was something that kept bothering you. Everything made you dizzy, to be honest. You picked at Kazuha's sleeve and he looked at you, concerned. He slipped his hand through yours and gave your hand a small squeeze before smiling reassuringly, then turned his face to the front of the vehicle again.

Everything was a blur after that. The hustle and bustle of the city, the Kyoto bridge with clear flowing waters, everything. It just had no effect or impact on your mind. All that you remembered was the scenery of the places near the airport and the round glass window in the wall of the reception room.

"You okay?" Kazuha whispered as you stepped out of the taxi and turned the key in the lock of your house, swinging the main door open. "(F/N)'s always going on business trips, but since (M/N) passed away, he must be having it hard. Is that what you're worried about?" he eyed you curiously.

"Well, that too, but its- I feel weird. I feel like all these places are nostalgic and then- and then it just fades away and I feel like its strange they felt nostalgic in the first place. I know that makes no sense, but thats what I've been feeling like recently." you blurted out the truth. Kazuha seemed to be taken aback, then quickly regained his composure and threw you a quick smile.

"Things like that happen sometimes. Don't worry too much about it." he patted your head. You nodded as you stepped in behind him, aunt and cousins in tow. The last time, it'd been your cousin Keqing and aunt Ningguang who had come over for the two months that your dad had gone out, taking your mom with him, since India was the place your mom had always wanted to go, so your dad took her with him. Of course, you and Kazuha had had the chance to accompany your dad on foreign trips during your holidays, but you rarely did that anymore, since your schedules just didn't match up with theirs.

"Thank you for having us." Ganyu bowed once again as she lifted her staircase up with great effort and managed to place it in the front hall.

"I'll get those upstairs." Kazuha offered and although Ganyu protested, he picked her suitcase up and carried it upstairs to your room, where she would lodge for the time she would be here.

He came rushing back down, and tried to get Xiao's suitcase up as well, but Xiao just slapped his hand away quite rudely. What was wrong with this guy? Firstly, he hadn't said a word the entire way. Secondly, he was extremely rude. And thirdly, he was being rude to none other than Kazuha, who was just trying to help out.

"Don't touch my things." Xiao hissed as he glared intensely at Kazuha. "You'll make them dirty with your-" he was interrupted by Beidou, who hit his head in a way that could only be called painful and bowed apologetically to you and Kazuha.

"Sorry, he's a bit- emo, you know? Kinda edgy kid. Don't mind him. Just let him do the labour and take his stuff upstairs. I'll trouble you with mine though." she pointed at her suitcases, to which Kazuha nodded, and started shifting them, as Xiao picked up his own and followed.

"Really, really sorry!" Ganyu plastered her hands together and bowed. She was a nice girl, and you smiled as you shook your head.

"Its fine." you reassured the blue haired girl, who was literally flailing her hands, apologizing with all she had.

"I'll have you show me 'round." Beidou placed her arm around your shoulder once again, and you nodded politely.

"Of course."