Protect

Dream couldn't sleep. It was his first night home after a week in the hospital. He was told to stay in bed, but sleepless nights caused him to wonder the halls.

As Dream was passing one door, he heard someone mumbling and whimpering. Dream knocked lightly. A pained whine came through. Dream opened the door to find George shaking in under his sheets.

"George?" Dream called quietly.

The Neko flinched, "D-Dream?"

"A-are you okay?" Dream asked, moving into the room.

George let out a small sob, "no..."

"What's wrong?" Dream carefully sat on the edge of the bed.

George shook his head, shaking more intensely. His ears were pressed flats against his head and his tail was poofed under his sheets.

Dream hesitantly reached out, stroking behind George's ears. The Neko froze, his breath catching. Slowly, he relaxed. He heard Dream get up, but he reached out and caught his arm.

"Stay? Please?" George whispered.

Dream paused, then curled up next to George. George held on to his shirt.

"Thank you..." George whispered.

Dream hummed, pulling George into a hug. The two drifted off, each into their own dreamless sleep.

Quackity woke slowly, lifted out of a sweet dream. He reached over Sapnap, who was sprawled out over the bed, and grabbed his phone. It was 2am. The harpy sighed, untangling himself from his fiance's

Karl stirred slightly, "Q?"

"It's okay. Go back to sleep." Quackity placed a kiss on his head.

Karl hummed and fell asleep again. Quackity sighed softly. Some hot chocolate would help him sleep. And maybe he'd check on Dream while he was up.

The harpy sighed as he stirred the coco. Nights of insomnia had been plaguing him since Dream and George had been kidnapped. Late nights of worry and stress.

Quackity jumped when he felt someone stroke his wings. He turned to find a sleepy Karl hugging him from behind.

"Hey." Quackity whispered with a small smile.

Karl hummed, tucking his face in Quackity's neck.

"I thought you were still asleep." Quackity smiled softly in the darkness.

"You need'to sleep too." Karl mumbled.

"I will." Quackity told him, "go back to bed, I'll be there soon."

"No." Karl smirked against Quackity's neck, "you're warm."

Quackity gently hit Karl with one of his wings with a small laugh, "go to bed."

Karl smiled and backed away, "okay. Do be up too late."

"I won't." Quackity smiled at him as he walked away.

Quackity sighed as the coco warmed his hands. He took a small sip, letting his eyes fall closed. Everything was okay now. Everyone was back home and safe. He could relax now.

Once the hot chocolate was gone, Quackity stood up and placed his mug in the sink. He sighed softly. Before he went back to bed, he would check on Dream. Make sure he was sleeping okay after coming home from the hospital.

The harpy walked down the quiet halls. Dreams door was cracked open, and when Quackity looked in, he found the room empty. Quackity's eyes furrowed. He tried not to let panic cloud his thoughts, but he decided to check on George anyway.

Dream half woke when he heard the door open. He let out a low growl, pulling George closer to his chest.

"It's just me." Quackity whispered.

Dream relaxed slightly, waking up a little more, "Big Q?"

Quackity hummed and nodded, "couldn't sleep so I was checking on you. How you feeling?"

"Sore." Dream yawned, "tired."

"Yeah." Quackity sighed softly, "well then I'll let you sleep."

Dream just hummed, burrowing himself in the sheets. Quackity closed the door softly. They were okay. And he was tired.

Quackity curled up in his bed. Sapnap rolled over, pulling him to his chest. Karl tucked himself under Quackity's chin. And slowly, Quackity drifted off to sleep.