Chapter 17

*SSSCRRREEEEEEEEEEEEECH!!!!!!*
The infant queen took her first breath into the world, the air around her was warm within the corpse but as soon as she hung out further she felt cold and damp. Once a chestburster is born it quickly adapts to it's new environment despite how terrible it may be, but if it's freezing cold or extremely hot it will die, it has to be just right. When a queen is born the habitat around her will help her develop and encourage her to give birth new xenomorphs as soon as her subjects collect hosts for the new empire.
The four other xenomorphs in the area watched in unison as queen Ripley wriggled out of the now dead host and smacked onto the ground with a wet splat.
Specimen 8 quickly rushed over to Ripley, the baby must of sustained some damage from when Ginny fought that yautja huntress, 8 carefully leaned in to inhale the queen's scent but they could only smell fresh human blood, they then gently nuzzled their forehead against the Ripley's side to encourage her to get up, but she didn't. Soon after the other xenos approached the baby too, they feared that the queen would die, and then within a second the baby chestburster screeched in a high pitched tone as if to tell them that she was alright.
The adults hummed their delight-ness as they watched the queen rising up from the floor and sniffed the air around her to memorise the smells for future needs, 11 just than noticed that Ripley had odd looking dark patches all over her body. Technically the xenos can't see at all, but let's just forget about the fact and pretend that they are cooing the heck out the baby now with big puppy dog eyes😁
Curiosity took over 11 and they leaned their head in closer to investigate, but as soon as 11 walked in closer, the queen suddenly screeched in surprise and fear then she quickly silvered in between 9's legs and deeper into the cave of glowing goop.

They all looked in the direction she went but didn't go anything to stop her, it was completely normal a newborn to run off like that and so they relaxed and separated so that they all can rest. The long journey had them all exhausted and 8 had decided to lay under Ginny's still bleeding corpse on the wall.
It may have been strange to the others but specimen 8 is the oldest and had the most connection with the human trainer. Ginny had treated 8 like a loving relative, 8 is forever grateful to their now dead master.
In the background both 23 and 11 cuddled together like cats sense the environment in the cave was getting colder by the minute and so Oliver and 11 shared each other's body heat, most of the time they were close together, even before when the ship was destroyed. When Oliver first arrived in the old queen's  jungle chamber, they weren't really accepted by the other soldiers until 11 caught the scent of Ginny on them so they've been together ever sense then as siblings. At first Oliver's head shape and body was a part of the new evaluation of their kind therefore making them the runt of litter, but when the attack happened and they were sent to this planet, a bond began to form between Oliver and 11 and so they've protected and they will protect the new queen too.
The only odd one of out of the group was 9, they were more of a lone wolf type and so they laid far away from 23 and 11's snuggle party. 9 was a lot more tougher to train but eventually Ginny got through to them in the end and so she could be able to pat them without worrying about getting her arm ripped off.
Everything became quite and peaceful as the faint sounds of the genetically made Mother Nature's song whispered through the cave, lulling the aliens to sleep.
The three soldiers who were 23, 9, 8 and including 11 who was drone all waited patiently for their new queen to rise up and take the throne.