𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
you're not a nice girl
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

𝓔𝓿𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6th 1977

Mallory and I enter the potions classroom late due to Alecto turning our alarms off out of spite and Professor Slughorn smiles brightly at us.

"Wonderful to see you, Miss Malfoy" He greets me before turning to Mallory "You too, Miss Belovna"

"The pleasures all mine, sir" I reply politely with a grin "Is that a new suit? You look dashing"

"This old thing?" He scoffs, trying to act nonchalant but the grin on his face gives away his happiness at my comment.

I walk towards the rest of the class and I pause when I realise that the Gryffindors and Slytherins in the class aren't divided, they've been mixed together with a seating plan.

"You've got to be kidding me" Mallory mutters.

I notice that the only empty spaces are next to Sirius Black and Remus Lupin in the middle row.

"Oh, no" I groan and Mallory snorts.

Without hesitation, my friend takes proud strides forward and stands next to Sirius, smirking at me. I glare at her in annoyance and drag myself over to the desk on the opposite side of the aisle, dropping my books onto the table. Professor Slughorn starts the lesson and I watch the instructions that he writes on the chalkboard.

"I don't bite" A soft voice speaks once the Professer announces that we should start.

I turn to Remus in shock and he's looking at me with an amused smile.

"I didn't say you did" I blurt out.

"You're sure acting like I do" He replies, glancing down at the table where I'm standing.

I look down and realise I'm stood at the very edge of the table, furthest away from the boy next to me.

"Sorry" I mumble, moving to stand where I should be.

"It's fine. I get it" He shrugs, grabbing a chopping board and a knife.

"You do?" I ask curiously, pouring a neon green liquid into our cauldron.

"Yes, I'm a halfblooded Gryffindor and you're a pureblooded Slytherin. I know what you must think about people like me" He explains as he chops up a strange looking vegetable and I frown.

"You think I hate you?" I question him.

"Don't you?" He responds, looking at me "You couldn't get out of the hall faster after the headmaster paired us together and you clearly weren't happy to be stuck with me in this class either"

"You got me there" I admit, toying with a pair of scissors "Maybe you just make me nervous"

"I make you nervous?" He repeats in disbelief, looking at me as if I have grown three heads.