𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
on a nick name basis 
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

𝓔𝓿𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7th 1977

I'm awoken to the feeling of Remus running his fingers up and down my spine with one hand, the other firmly on me hip. I lift my head from his chest and he smiles at me warmly.

"How long have you been awake?" I ask him sleepily.

"Not long" He answers.

We fall into a comfortable silence, just smiling at each other and I reach up, gently tracing the scars on his face with my pointer finger.

"I still like your scars" I murmur.

"Why? They're hideous" He states, frowning.

"They're not hideous at all, Rem. They make you unique" I counter matter of factly "One of a kind"

"I think they're ugly" He tells me.

"I think they're pretty" I reply, pressing a kiss to his nose "Pretty boy"

He blushes a bright red and smiles bashfully as I shower him in attention, peppering kisses all over his face until he's laughing.

A book with a worn emerald green cover sat on Remus' side table catches my eye and I reach out, picking the object up. As I open the book, something falls out and Remus jolts up with a worried look on his face. I carefully pick up the pressed, wilted flower and I raise a brow in surprise, turning my whole body to look at the Lupin boy who burns pink in embarrassment.

"Is this the flower I dropped on the train when we first met?" I question him.

"No" He lies.

"Remus John Lupin" I say sternly.

"How do you know my middle name?" He asks me in surprise and my cheeks turn just as red as his.

"Don't change the subject, Lupin" I warn him and he grins, gently taking the flower from between my fingers.

"I may have kept the flower" He shrugs.

"Why would you do that?" I ask him.

"To remind me of the pretty girl who liked my scars" He admits and butterflies erupt in my stomach.

I lean in and press a feather like kiss to his cheek, a soft smile gracing both of our faces.

"I should get going" I tell him as he places the book and the flower down on his bedside table once again.

"Stay" He protests, intertwining our fingers.

"I wish I could, but I don't think James nor Sirius would be very happy about that at all" I counter with an amused smile and he lets out an annoyed sigh.

"What they think about you doesn't matter" Remus grumbles as I get out of bed and start pulling my clothes on.

"They're your best friends, Rem. Their opinions will always matter" I correct him.