𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
potter, black, lupin, pettigrew
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

𝓔𝓿𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19th 1977

"Is there a charm that makes pigs fly?" Evan abruptly asks as he walks into the Slytherin common room.

"Why would you ask that?" Pandora questions.

"Mallory said that she'd go out with me when pigs fly" Evan explains.

"Oh, Merlin" Regulus mumbles, causing Pandora to giggle.

"This looks like a job for me" I declare, standing up and padding over to the Rosier boy.

"You'll help me?" Evan perks up.

"Of course" I nod, patting his shoulder as I pass him "Come along, kiddo. We've got work to do"

Evan doesn't even mention my teasing, immediately scurrying after me towards the library. The two of us spend around half an hour searching for the perfect charm before the boy next to me starts to get impatient.

"Can't we just leviosa the bloody pig?" He huffs.

"Absolutely not" I scoff "That's the pig levitating, not flying"

"How are we going to make the thing sprout wings?" He questions me.

"I'm working on it, E" I retort.

We search for a little while longer before I realise theres only one book on the shelf that we haven't looked through.

"Evan, there's a book missing. That has got to be it" I snap at him, causing him to jump up in a startled manner.

I grab the boy's arm and drag him all the way to the reception desk where Madam Pince is sat, stamping books.

"Hello" I smile politely and the woman looks up at me.

"What can I do for you?" She asks.

"There's a book missing from the charms section. Can you possibly tell me who checked that out?" I question hopefully.

"One moment" She nods, looking down at her large log book.

She flicks through the pages until she pauses and runs her finger along the paper with a soft hum.

"That book was checked out by a Peter Pettigrew" The woman tells me.

"Thank you!" Evan grins widely.

Before she can respond, the boy drags me out of the library and we start our trek towards the Gryffindor tower. As we arrive, we are greeted with the giggling trio of Marlene, Mary and Lily.

"Have any of you girls seen Peter?" I blurt out in a rush.

"He's in the common room with Remus, Sirius and James" Mary answers with a small smile.

"What do you need Pete for?" Marlene asks me.

"He has a book that I need" Evan replies, standing behind me and looking at the girls wearily.