Chapter 12

Molly and Arthur smiled at each other as the children piled into the car Arthur had been working on in the absence of the Anglia.  The noise of their conversation reminded them just how quiet the Burrow was in their school times.

"Everyone alright on the train?"  Arthur asked, turning in his seat.  A chorus of affirmatives rang out.  "Excellent!"

Fred was against the window, Rebecca beside him.  The others hurried to talk over the other, trying to tell Molly and Arthur how the first half of the year had gone.  Ron quickly gave up, finding the task arduous enough to have left him in need of another nap.

Fred and Rebecca, who had used the train ride for work instead of rest, soon found themselves heavy-eyed and the falling of their heads waking them before they gave in and slept.

Half-way through their journey, Molly noticed in the mirror.  Fred's forehead was against the window and his mouth hung slightly, Rebecca was under his arm and her glasses crooked against him.

"I already saw."  Arthur muttered as Molly smiled.

"Yeah, yeah!"  Ginny gasped, interrupting George's story.  "When his broom hit the Whomping Willow...it absolutely destroyed it."

"Turned it into toothpicks."  George said softly.  "I think that's why Harry wouldn't listen, honestly."

"Wouldn't listen?"  Molly clarified.

"A parcel came, no sender."  George turned his head and made sure the other three in the car were still sleeping.  "A Firebolt.  Hermione and Rebecca said that it needed to be vetted before it could be ridden and Harry and Ron-"  George winced.  "Disagreed, to put it lightly."

Ginny sighed.  "That's why they were fighting, mum."

"Boys."  Arthur rolled his eyes with a grin.

"Hey!  Fred and I went to McGonagall's with them!"

Ginny snorted at George's defence.  "No, Fred led the way and you followed."

"Fred led the way?"  Molly asked with a well-hidden smile.

"Yeah, he knew that that needed to be done."  George furrowed his brow.  "And we'd only caught the end of their spat, too.  Didn't think he could think that fast."

"Be nice, George."  Arthur corrected instantly.  Their conversation turned towards Ginny and her second-year classes as the end of their drive grew closer.

"Hey loves,"  Molly turned her head as she turned onto their road.  "We're home and we-"

"Oh Merlin."  George gasped, jostling Fred and Rebecca awake as he climbed over them and threw the door open before the car had fully stopped.  "Charlie?!"

Fred lifted his leg, keeping George's knee off Rebecca and untangling his arm from around her.  Rebecca straightened her glasses, looking up at the Christmas-decorated Burrow.  A wreath hung on the door and candles shone out of the windows, one with the drapes pulled back enough to reveal a tree.

Rebecca had never seen anything quite as home-oriented beautiful.

Charlie was swarmed but Rebecca gravitated towards Bill who looked at the attack of family with a grin.  "Happy Christmas, Bill."

"Happy Christmas!"  Bill moved to show that he would take a hug if she offered it and offer it she did.  "Any fights this-?"

"No!"  Rebecca laughed and shook her head.  Of course that had been one of the first stories Fred and George had told him.

Charlie stepped out of the throng of redheads and panted, running his hand through his long hair.  "I think they missed me."

"You think?"  Molly chided.  "Rebecca, this is our-"