Remembrance

I could feel myself falling faster and faster, looking up into nothing. I could still feel tears in my eyes, even though they would never fall. As I fell it suddenly felt like everything was coming back, all my memories, my feelings. Then I saw the ground, I put my hands in front of my head bracing, but stopped just a few inches away. I was levitating. I stretched my arm out. It used to feel so soft, but now my hand just went right through it. I couldn't touch anything. But looking at it was enough for me. Green, and beautiful. With little yellow flowers all over it. I stood, waving my arms around to keep myself standing. It was just like walking, only whatever ground I was stepping on was invisible. I looked up, instead of the dark nothingness I saw a blue sky with clouds everywhere and birds. I missed this so much. I could feel myself smiling, for the 1st time in almost 3 years. Suddenly I remembered where I was. This was the place I died. I continued walking to the top of the grassy hill. I saw a tombstone. My tombstone. They buried me here. I reached out to touch it, but like before my hand went right through. Suddenly a sick feeling in my gut overcame me. What if Clove killed me because of something I did? What if I'm a bad person, and asked her to do it? The thought pressed my head. I needed to find her. I needed to know the truth. Afterall my memories were still a haze. Like they were locked, and I needed to find a key to open it. As I walked to Clove's old house. Or what I remembered it being. I replayed as much of the memories I could. Me and Clove used to go to that hill everyday. We had so much fun, and she always told me I was her best friend, that she'd never leave me. And we would play tag, and wish on dandelions, watch the clouds until it got dark. Then we would watch the stars. She was always so beautiful, and smiled all the time. It was a beautiful smile. White teeth and soft pink lips. She used to like finding things in the clouds, all sorts of different shapes and sizes. It didn't matter how abstract she always would make something out of it. Her creativity and intelligence amazed me. I always wished I was as smart as her. I stopped. I had reached her block.