Acceptance

"Dear Clove, I never got to tell you this but I really like you, I love you so much. You're the one thing that brings me happiness, and even the only reason I'm alive. I care about you so much, and want you to be happy. So I'm writing this letter to tell you, thanks. Thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for all the memories I have. Thank you for being my friend. But in truth I just want to love you and be with you. I want to help you when you're sick, when you're sad, but not just as a friend. I'm so in love with you but I know you don't feel the same, I couldn't take it anymore, this feeling, seeing you everyday and acting like I'm not. I'm scared of falling in love, and I did. I'm not sure what to do, I don't even know how to say this the right way. Whenever I'm around you I'm the happiest I've ever been, you make me happier than anyone else in the world. I mean it. I have never laughed so much as I do when I'm with you, And you are so so beautiful, I never moved on from liking you because I just fell that hard, and no one compares, I can't find anyone like you. And when I find someone I'm just not happy. So it's out there now, I love you and probably always will, even if you do or don't I still want to be with you, I want to have you in my life, because the truth is, I just can't live without you. -Robin." Jack stopped. "Aww well isn't that the sweetest thing you ever heard!" he was angry and had more laughter. Clove still hung there, now beginning to shake. She looked at me, and I was crying now looking at her. Jack went back over to Clove, and tore up the letter throwing the fragments by her hands, then he stepped on each of her fingers. I gasped and began to run over to Clove from where I was standing. Clove was screaming in fear and pain. Finally Jack had enough, he turned around and limped back to his car, driving away. I sat there next to Clove. "It's okay right?, you can pull yourself up, I know you can!" I continued to cry. "I'm scared Robin! I don't want to die!" Clove said tears streaming down her face. "Don't say that!! You're not going to die!!" I shouted, sobbing. Clove continued to cry. "I can't hold on anymore, and neither should you, please let me go." She said quietly, crying. Then her hands slipped and she began to fall. "NO!" I shouted and shot out my hand reaching for hers, but like always it passed straight through. And Clove was gone. I sat there shivering, I felt cold, the coldest I had ever been. My heart ached and stung. It felt like I was slowly bleeding out all over again. Then I noticed my hands, they were slipping away, fading into tiny bits and floating away, slowly all of me began to fade away. My time as a ghost was done, I finished my job, I told Clove I loved her. It's over. Soon all of me was gone except for my eyes, where one last tear fell. Now the cliff stood silent, nothing around except the howling wind and the fragment of a letter, the last piece left, with only three words it read, I love you.