A new issue

I could feel my eyes widen. I grew eager to know what he wanted. She carefully answered the phone, putting him on speaker so I could hear. You could tell he was driving, it seemed as though he was speeding. He was mad. "CLOVE!! I swear to FUCKING GOD CLOVE! If you don't give me that damn letter!" he was screaming on the other side of the phone. " I already told you Jack! No." she replied, her voice cracking. "I need the letter!!" he scolded through the phone. Suddenly it hit me. My letter. The one in the envelope I was going to give to Clove. He wanted it. But why? Clove continued talking to him, "it's mine in the first place there's nothing in there for you!! Besides, I don't remember where I put it. " she said with a sly smile growing on her face. "I NEED THAT LETTER CLOVE!!!!" he shouted once again. This time Clove just hung up. She obviously was lying to him. Whats he talking about? I questioned, although I already knew it still was scaring me. Why would he want my letter? Clove sighed softly. "He really wants that letter you gave me, probably because you were both enemies or something." she said softly. I looked at her. Are you still dating him? I asked, feeling sadness in my soul. "Yeah unfortunately. Really it's no big deal he just wants to throw the letter away. That's all" she replied mellowly. She looked sad, and like she was hiding something. She then turned around and opened a drawer, pulling out a brownish yellow piece of paper. When she turned back I realized it was my letter. It was still sealed shut, she never opened it. "When you died, it was just really hard to think about you, so I just kept it, thinking maybe one day I would have the strength to open it." because you killed me I said under my breath. I could see her in the corner of my eye, glance at me and then at the floor, clearly sad. She looked back up at me a few seconds later. "Let's just find a safe place to put this, okay?" She sounded depressed. Okay, but on one condition I replied matter of factly. "And whats that?" she asked, smiling once again. You read it before we do. I whispered. Then maybe you'll apologize for killing me. She rolled her eyes and laughed "okay fine, but let's go! I know just where to put it." We both exited her room and headed down the stairs. Her house always smelled really nice, like a candle burning on a cold rainy night. She walked out the front door, motioning for me to follow. Like always I just walked right through. This surprised her, and she looked quite shocked when I appeared on the other side. "Okay then." she said fastly with a scared tone. She still didn't have a car even though she was 18 so we had to walk. "First! She said, ''I think we should go to the library, I want to show you something." The library was about 1 hour away since we were walking. But I accepted. I was so curious to know what it is she would show me, maybe it would be why she killed me.