Part 3

Ranmaru sat out on the patio, flicking the ash from his cigarette before bringing it back to his lips. His eyes watched the smoke rise and dissipate as he exhaled, scoffing at the fact that they let the patients smoke these cancer sticks in rehab. Granted they were legal to have in comparison to the other substances patients would take but it was just as addicting. It did take the edge off though.

"Mr. Kurosaki, it's time for group." His eyes glanced over towards the door, spotting Dr. [Name] coming out onto the patio. A scowl crossed his features as his heterochromia orbs landed on the purpling bruise marring her jaw.

"Call me Ranmaru." He stated simply, rubbing out his cigarette in the ashtray. He noticed the slightest of a smile spread on her lips. Though, the bruise made it hard for him to appreciate the beauty in her smile. "Does it still hurt?" He asked timidly, referring to her jaw, as he looked off to the side.

"No. It looks a lot worse than it is actually. You shouldn't worry about it though." He glanced back at her curiously, noting the graceful smile stretching her lips. "Believe it or not, I've dealt with worse than this. I've been stabbed, bitten, and you name it. It comes with the job description." She let out a slight laugh. "I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself." Ranmaru stared at her incredulously. "Are you ready to head inside?" Ranmaru just nodded, standing from his chair as proceeded to follow her inside for the daily group therapy session. His eyes were transfixed on [Name's] movements as he followed behind her, finding himself glancing at the soft swaying of her hips as she walked. Something about this woman just intrigued him.