𝗶𝗶. 𝘁𝗼𝗼 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 𝗔𝗦 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗚𝗢 𝗗𝗢𝗪𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥, 𝗔𝗡𝗫𝗜𝗢𝗨𝗦𝗟𝗬 𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗗𝗨𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗦𝗘𝗟𝗙 𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗦𝗦, 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗖𝗔𝗡 𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗞 𝗢𝗙 𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚;

You had no fucking idea how to fit in.

Normally, you would embrace the whole 'be yourself' mantra, but being surrounded by all these extremely strong people was daunting.

Would you come across weird? Would you be shunned by them, excluded from their social groups?

No. No, you were not about to melt into a puddle of self doubt.

"Come on," you mutter to yourself, clenching your eyes shut, "You can do this."

Mumbling stupid Hallmark positivity quotes under your breath, you don't notice another boy walk in.

"Just don't embarrass yourself, y'know?" You wince, eyes still shut. "Yeah. Yeah, you'll own this!"

"If it makes you feel any better, I think you'll do well here."

Your stomach sinks. Sinks into oblivion, because oh my god, one of your new classmates had just seen you try and psyche yourself up.

Opening your eyes, you find two mismatched ones already staring at you.

"Hi?" It comes out like a question, your hands playing with themselves nervously.

The boy, whose hair is half-white, half-red, tilts his head to the side, slightly. Like an oblivious puppy. "Hello. You're L/N, right?"

"Mhm! And you're Shouto Todoroki, the fire and ice user! -- I promise you I'm not creepy, I just remember your first sports festival making quite the statement."

Todoroki blinks. Once. Twice. Before the sides of his lips quirk into a barely there smile.

"Thank you."

You wave your hands in front of yourself sheepishly. "Seriously, I should be thanking you. You maybe... sorta... encouraged myself to be stronger?"