𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶. 𝘀𝗲𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗮

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐒, 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐀 𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐂𝐇

The soft background noise of machinery and people aides in your sudden fear of messing up, helping ground you while you try and settle your anxiety.

Across from you, Ochako smiles warmly as she skims over the menu, one leg crossed over the other delicately. Her cream-coloured sweater pairs nicely with her pleated black skirt and white leg warmers.

"I'm going to go with a mocha, and a plate of your assorted mochi, please!" She sweetly tells the waiter, folding her menu back up and placing it back on the table. 

The server nods, then tilts his head towards you. 

"Ah, just an iced coffee, please," you say gently, head inclined as you fiddle with your bracelets.

He leaves, and with that, silence fills the space between the two of you.

"Uh," you pull some hair back behind your ear, cheeks flushed. "I'm sorry. It's... been a while."

It has been. A year and 2 months exactly.

But there is no point in dwelling in the past, you remind yourself, as you ease slowly into your chair with a sigh. Ochako's eyes match that of the dark roast the table across from you is cradling.

"Why did you say yes to this?" Ochako asks, point blank.

You're startled, and don't process the words that leave your mouth.

"Because it's you," you say immediately, without a thought in your mind. As if that was the only true answer in the world.

Her expressions softens, her eyes lightening in a way that should be impossible -- but isn't.

"I'm happy you came to UA," Ochako says with earnest, her hand stretching over the table to close over your own. "We needed you, I think."

"Needed me?" You parrot, your face betraying your confusion.

"Mhm!" She nods, soft, glossed lips pulling into a sincere grin. "You're the missing piece to our screwed up puzzle."

You're about to respond -- with what, you had no clue -- before the waiter comes back, tray with your drinks and Ochako's mochi in hand.

"Oh, thank you," you say as he places them onto your table. He's off and away again without another word.

The silence is back, now, but not nearly as hesitant nor awkward.

You take a sip of your drink, the cold bittersweet of it hitting your tongue like a drug. Iced coffee truly was one of the world's greatest gifts.

It's then that Ochako brings up the catalyst of this entire arrangement.

"You know that our class is an absolute mess when it comes to sex and relationships, right Y/N?" Ochako asks, taking a bit of a light pink, strawberry mochi. Her favourite, if you recall correctly.

"...That's been made quite apparent, yes," you joke, although your tone reads more level and hesitant than anything.

Ochako sighs, like she's preparing for something much more tedious than a mere conversation. "Y/N. You don't have to do anything with anyone else if you don't want to. Heck, you don't have to do anything you don't want to!"

You nod, although the words feel like an antidote for the poison that had been welling up in your lungs ever since that night. Just the reminder itself meant the world to you.

"Thank you, Ochako. And, to be honest, I'm not opposed to the idea of... the others. But it's scary. I like it best with just us two right now."

With a smile, Ochako's hand squeezes your own. Some semblance of safety and compassion.

Ochako seemed to be full of it. 

She might just be one of the kindest people you had ever known.